• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

unmarried overnight visitors

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

haiku

melissa0124 said:
You should check the codes in your state. A few of the southern states have cohabitation laws that prohibit and single people living together.

In my custody papers, it states that I can't live in a home with another person and be unmarried as long as my son is with me.

Check in on this, because this is definitely against the law in most places.

ummm yeah love the south:rolleyes: .....and, no......... its not.........

E

Eurynome

I was going to agree with that Haiku- that is the silliest thing I have ever heard of!

Some people!

M

melissa0124

It is against the law in the state of Mississippi. I have been told this by a judge. It is actually against the law to live unmarried in the state of Mississippi even if you have kids or not. It is a law that is extremely old and outdated but it is one. It can be enforced if needed.

stealth2

Under the Radar Member
melissa0124 said:
It is against the law in the state of Mississippi.
Yet the poster doesn't live in Mississippi, so that's completely moot. It is NOT against the law in TX.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">