• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

unmarried overnight visitors

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

P

Paula Sue

What is the name of your state? texas

child's non-custodial parent spends nights at home of opposite sex while having visitation of child. Can visitations be stopped if custodial parent is against this situation?

nextwife

Unlikely, unless it was something addressed in a divorce decree.

I can't tell you how many CPs have their boyfriend du jour stay over when they have their kids, or they move themselves and their kids into a succession of various boyfriends homes

and the other parent can do nothing about it.

P

Paula Sue

THANKS

THANK YOU BOTH FOR THE REPLY. I AM REAL SORRY TO HEAR THIS AS I AGREE WITH THE MOTHER THAT IT IS WRONG TO HAVE CHILDREN IN THIS SITUATION. I WILL GO OVER HER DIVORCE DECREE AND SEE WHAT IT STATES. THANKS AGAIN FOR YOUR HELP.

VeronicaGia

Eurynome said:
Are you willing to follow the same rules?
Yep. Keep in mind that if you ask a judge to order him to not have overnight visitors of the opposite sex, you can be ordered the same.

P

Pfaffing85690

These kinds of posts Irritate the hell out of me.

Poster, do you honestly think that while you were married and little joey or judy was 'asleep' in the next room that your banging the headboards, doing the nasty or whateverthehell you want to call it wasn't HEARD?

Your morality cannot be adjudicated. PERIOD.

ARRRRGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG!!!!

D

dezer

Texas is an odd state.

But as long as they aren't having orgies I don't see why it would be an issue.

H

har78233

agreed order

I have a stipulation like that in my agreed order.

My wife doesn't seem to care.

What options do I have.

Can I file contempt charges?

stealth2

Under the Radar Member
Re: agreed order

har78233 said:
I have a stipulation like that in my agreed order.

My wife doesn't seem to care.

What options do I have.

Can I file contempt charges?
You'll find that you get better responses to your question if you start a new thread, rather than hijacking someone else's. Just an FYI.

P

Paula Sue

RULES

THIS IS TOO Eurynome and VeronicaGia...THE MOTHER DOES FOLLOW THESE RULES...SHE WANTS TO RAISE HER CHILD IN A CHRISTIAN HOME WITH CHRISTIAN IDEAS..TOO Pfaffing85690..THE QUESTION IS NOT WHETHER OR NOT THE CHILD HEARS ANYTHING...IT IS TEACHING THE CHILD THAT THESE ACTIVITIES ARE TO BE DONE BY MARRIED ADULTS AND NOT TEACH HER THAT SEX WITH ANYONE IS FINE...WISH MORE ADULTS HAD THIS ATTITUDE TO TEACH THEIR KIDS RIGHT FROM WRONG IN MORE THAN JUST THE LAW OF THE LAND...HAVE A NICE NIGHT...

stealth2

Under the Radar Member
Then the mother should have chosen someone with those same values to have a child with. And please turn off your CAPS.

P

Pfaffing85690

Paula Sue, please pull your head out of your A$$....you cannot do a thing about what pappa does in HIS home. Or would you like the court to tell you that you cannot take the child to church or must take the child to a Pagen Doctor...or...or...or...

geeez woman, get in the game. You made the decision to procreate with this guy. Now you live with it.

E

Eurynome

Re: RULES

Paula Sue said:
THIS IS TOO Eurynome and VeronicaGia...THE MOTHER DOES FOLLOW THESE RULES...SHE WANTS TO RAISE HER CHILD IN A CHRISTIAN HOME WITH CHRISTIAN IDEAS..TOO Pfaffing85690..THE QUESTION IS NOT WHETHER OR NOT THE CHILD HEARS ANYTHING...IT IS TEACHING THE CHILD THAT THESE ACTIVITIES ARE TO BE DONE BY MARRIED ADULTS AND NOT TEACH HER THAT SEX WITH ANYONE IS FINE...WISH MORE ADULTS HAD THIS ATTITUDE TO TEACH THEIR KIDS RIGHT FROM WRONG IN MORE THAN JUST THE LAW OF THE LAND...HAVE A NICE NIGHT...
All of a sudden I feel like I am listening to Joyce Meyers...or whatever the hell her name is.
This is not church or the PTA, this is a law forum.
However, since we are talking about good "Christian" values, what is the take on divorce?
I sure hope this kid does not watch the tele- there is not much Christian morality to be viewed on TV.
It is a free country- in Nevada prostitution is legal, yadda yadda yadda, sinners... blah blah blah.

M

melissa0124

You should check the codes in your state. A few of the southern states have cohabitation laws that prohibit and single people living together.

In my custody papers, it states that I can't live in a home with another person and be unmarried as long as my son is with me.

Check in on this, because this is definitely against the law in most places.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">