• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Unsure about judgement

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

blakemcloud

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Mississippi

I have a Judgement for damages in a custody case to repay legal and other fees associated with bringing the modification of divorce before the court. This was nearly a year ago and now the party at fault is suing for visitation. What can I do to collect on these in order to help fund the costs going forward that are sure to come up with this new motion. I am not unrealistic in knowing that the chances of any repayment are slim but I would like to know what my options are before I have to go pay a local lawyer that I am not sure I can afford. Thank you

Just Blue

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Mississippi

I have a Judgement for damages in a custody case to repay legal and other fees associated with bringing the modification of divorce before the court. This was nearly a year ago and now the party at fault is suing for visitation. What can I do to collect on these in order to help fund the costs going forward that are sure to come up with this new motion. I am not unrealistic in knowing that the chances of any repayment are slim but I would like to know what my options are before I have to go pay a local lawyer that I am not sure I can afford. Thank you
Was there a court ordered repayment plan that Ex has not followed?:confused:

blakemcloud

no repayment schedule, and honestly until the recent motion I hadn't heard a peep. Address and other details were completely unknown. Now that they have resurfaced I do not know how to proceed but cannot afford to pay for legal council.

LdiJ

no repayment schedule, and honestly until the recent motion I hadn't heard a peep. Address and other details were completely unknown. Now that they have resurfaced I do not know how to proceed but cannot afford to pay for legal council.
Was this a property settlement situation or alimony or child support?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">