• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

unwanted dad

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

lj16438

What is the name of your state? pa
I have a 10 year son who lives with my mother. She has guardianship of him and has since he was 6 months old. I see him all the time. The problem is, his "dad" hasn't seen him since he was 6 months old. Now all of the sudden, he wants to be in his life. I wanted to know if there was any law or anything that would prevent this from happening. I wasn't sure about abandonment laws. Please help :confused:

VeronicaGia

lj16438 said:
What is the name of your state? pa
I have a 10 year son who lives with my mother. She has guardianship of him and has since he was 6 months old. I see him all the time. The problem is, his "dad" hasn't seen him since he was 6 months old. Now all of the sudden, he wants to be in his life. I wanted to know if there was any law or anything that would prevent this from happening. I wasn't sure about abandonment laws. Please help :confused:
If he files for and is granted visitation, there's nothing you can do. If he already has a visitation order, the best you can do is go back to court and ask the judge to order supervised visitation until the child gets to know his dad.

Does he pay court ordered child support? Is there an order for support? Has paternity been established legally?

lj16438

He has never paid child support. He has never even asked to see him until just recently. His name is on the birth cert. and he is the father. I would like to stop him from seeing him, atleast for now.

BL

Because he is the Father , he might be granted Gradual visitation schedule to re unite him with the child , If he Petitions for those rights .

Until or unless he Petitions , your mom has the call . You do not .

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">