• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Unwed Custody Battle of a Newborn

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

CourtClerk

Well, I dunno about THAT.

What I DO know is that with my first child, I phased myself in.

Ehhhh...I jumped right in with 2 feet. That child didn't leave my side until it was time to go, except for that short moment when Mr. Doctor came to perform that little thing called a circumcision...

...Sometimes it's not about keeping the child away from the father, it's about making sure the father is comfortable and capable before saddling him with unfamiliar responsibilities.
Let Dad decide that.

And oh for the rest of you... for those of you who think that fathers aren't just as important to children as mothers...

Make the baby yourself next time.

CJane

Let Dad decide that.

How many men do you know ask for directions? :p

All I'm saying is that sometimes it's in everyone's best interests to get to know each other first and phase in the relationship. And sometimes, people don't ask for help because they're afraid of the other person thinking they're incompetent. And sometimes that's to the baby's detriment.

peppier

Not only that but the mother doesn't have to know anything about a man to just move him in to the home but the father has to jump through hoops to PROVE that he isn't unfit.

I know it isn't feasible to background check every person that comes into the life of a child but there are GOOD fathers out there who have less access to their children than a man the ex picked up in a bar.

Divorce with children, sucks.

CJane

Not only that but the mother doesn't have to know anything about a man to just move him in to the home but the father has to jump through hoops to PROVE that he isn't unfit.
The same holds true for any woman that Dad wants to move into the house. In fact, if the person is moving into the existing home, and neither PARENT is moving, the parent isn't even obligated to tell the other parent that it happened.

I know it isn't feasible to background check every person that comes into the life of a child but there are GOOD fathers out there who have less access to their children than a man the ex picked up in a bar.
I do.

Divorce with children, sucks.
This is true.

JMJames

Yes the fathers are just as important as the mothers but let's face it without a mother there would be no baby at all as well as I'd love to see any man carry a baby around for nine months and then be told you're just the same as a man, and you did nothing worth having custody, men have to phase inbecausr it is the same for everyone new and I'm sure if a woman were fighting for custody she wouldn't go leaving her daughter or son with any Tom Dick or Harry she pleased

Proserpina

Yes the fathers are just as important as the mothers but let's face it without a mother there would be no baby at all as well as I'd love to see any man carry a baby around for nine months and then be told you're just the same as a man, and you did nothing worth having custody, men have to phase inbecausr it is the same for everyone new and I'm sure if a woman were fighting for custody she wouldn't go leaving her daughter or son with any Tom Dick or Harry she pleased

I'd usually report this because it's necroposting...but it's actually so laughable as to be quotable.

Um. Hon? I hate to point this out - but without the MALE there wouldn't be a baby.

Did you miss second grade biology or something? Spermies? Eggies? The miracle of conception and all that?

Now, that aside - if you have a legal question, start your own thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">