• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

unwed mother custody rights colorado

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

happybug

Well, I do know several grandmothers who have trouble understanding the difference between parenting and grandparenting. Once in awhile you really need to paint the picture of which 2 people in the child's life are the parents.

LdiJ

Well, I do know several grandmothers who have trouble understanding the difference between parenting and grandparenting. Once in awhile you really need to paint the picture of which 2 people in the child's life are the parents.
And then, there are those of us who understand the difference, and would REALLY like to be just grandparents....LOL.

My daughter and granddaughter live with me, and we work opposite hours in order to avoid daycare costs. My granddaughter is smack dab in the middle of the terrible twos, and there are days when I would really LOVE to be a normal grandmother and be able to just hand her back to mom...sigh.

2Mistakes

If you weren't in the bed when the child was conceived, you don't get a vote.
I can think of situations where a third party might have been in the bed when the child was conceived :eek: :D :p

But the that third party still has no vote. If you are not the possessor of the sperm that fertilized the egg, or the possessor of the egg that got fertilized, you don't get a vote.

:D

Humusluvr

I can think of situations where a third party might have been in the bed when the child was conceived :eek: :D :p

But the that third party still has no vote. If you are not the possessor of the sperm that fertilized the egg, or the possessor of the egg that got fertilized, you don't get a vote.

:D
He he he... you and I had the same dirty thought. I like your clarification!!! Very biology-ish! :D:D:D

acmb05

For Silverplum...I am not "spouting misconceptions",
You are if you think baby mama is going to control how daddy raises his child.

I imagine that every situation is unique, as is ours.
What is so unique about your situation?

Believe me, this is all about what is in the best interests of the baby. I can't imagine that a judge likes the idea of two extremely different parenting styles being imposed on a baby or child - very bad for the child. The judge is looking out for the child's best interest, yes?
Happens every day in this world. When you have parents of two different Nationalities or races or religion. No two parenting styles are the same.

pbonati

If mom had a problem with dad's extreme difference then mom should have kept her legs closed, her undies on and not consented to having his penis inserted in her. Understand?

What I understand is, that you are very rude, as well as useless, in your "advice" towards people and situations you know nothing about. :mad: And even if you did have information, I expect your officious manner puts up a barrier towards your credibility or ability to help anyone.

Departed

If mom had a problem with dad's extreme difference then mom should have kept her legs closed, her undies on and not consented to having his penis inserted in her. Understand?

What I understand is, that you are very rude, as well as useless, in your "advice" towards people and situations you know nothing about. :mad: And even if you did have information, I expect your officious manner puts up a barrier towards your credibility or ability to help anyone.

Departed
Duh, don't be speaking them big, fancy words here . . . us stupid folk can't think so good.

Give me a break. Mom's "unique" situation, the one where she didn't keep her legs closed, happens about 10 times a minute. Deal with it. If dad wants rights, he'll get them and you will have no say over how he chooses to parent. From now on, mom should only give it up to men she is sure can agree to her parenting style.

TinkerBelleLuvr

Duh, don't be speaking them big, fancy words here . . . us stupid folk can't think so good.

Give me a break. Mom's "unique" situation, the one where she didn't keep her legs closed, happens about 10 times a minute. Deal with it. If dad wants rights, he'll get them and you will have no say over how he chooses to parent. From now on, mom should only give it up to men she is sure can agree to her parenting style.
Or she could use a sperm bank so that she won't ever have to share.

I'd bet that this was grandma. I don't she appreciated the bluntness.

Ohiogal

Queen Bee

Departed
Oh well Granny. I have credibility a plenty. Trust me. You are interfering.

TinkerBelleLuvr

officious
Somehow, it didn't seem that she used the word properly, so out came the dictionary:

1. archaic a: KIND. OBLIGING b. DUTIFUL
2. Volunteering one's services where they are neither asked nor needed: MEDDLESOME
3: INFORMAL, UNOFFICIAL

Now, this was Webster's College Edition

I voted that OG's response was #1

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
Somehow, it didn't seem that she used the word properly, so out came the dictionary:

1. archaic a: KIND. OBLIGING b. DUTIFUL
2. Volunteering one's services where they are neither asked nor needed: MEDDLESOME
3: INFORMAL, UNOFFICIAL

Now, this was Webster's College Edition

I voted that OG's response was #1
Thank you my dear!

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">