• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

"Upbeat, Beatup, Texas Dad, seeking custody"

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

hiking007dawn

What is the name of your state? Texas, Here we have a "Poster Dad" for unfair rights. This dad is paying support to the state for his one year old daughter, who resides with the grandmother of the bio-mother. The parents were never married, and there is a restraining order against this dad for domestic violence against the mother only... The mother has other children by other men, all of who she is unable to care for, and does not have custody of. This dad has a good standing in the community, works with children, and adults, is responsible with his child payments, and has NO rights whatsoever, he is told that he cannot see his daughter. Somethings wrong with this picture! I don't believe that there has been a paternity test given, and I see a snag here, couldn't he start by demanding one? And move from there as far as gaining custody of his child? Please if you have any ideas that can help this man they are greatly appreciated, but remember, we are in Texas, and the laws are different in this "Country within itself".

stealth2

Under the Radar Member
If he's paying support, then he's been found to be the legal father. The only thing "wrong" I see is that he's apparemtly never filed for visitation or custody rights. That's not the state's fault - that's his.

Zephyr

has dad taken the initiative to go in and ask for paternity to be established or to ask for his visitation rights?????

hiking007dawn

WANNACRY said:
has dad taken the initiative to go in and ask for paternity to be established or to ask for his visitation rights?????
Am waiting for dad to bring me all papers concerning this, then we will be able to see what he has and has'nt done. Sometimes one doesn't know WHAT to do, I believe this dad fits that profile. The laws and our rights are not always easily understood, it's easy to get intimidated. Will find out the details and we will post them. Thanks!

stealth2

Under the Radar Member
Out of curiousity, who are YOU in this picture? And it seems a little foolish to paint him as a victim when you haven't even a clue what he has and hasn't done.

B

betterthanher

OP...you want to know what happened to his rights?

They were essentially put on hold thanks to that restraining order for domestic violence.

Hopefully he has good hiking boots because he's going to need them for that long hill he'll be climbing.

hiking007dawn

stealth2 said:
Out of curiousity, who are YOU in this picture? And it seems a little foolish to paint him as a victim when you haven't even a clue what he has and hasn't done.
Just so happens I am a friend that is not burnt out on trying to find answers, hey, what are friends for! This dad is innocent as far as the Texas sky reaches, concerning his child. Did I call him a victim? Perhaps I should have applied that to his daughter, the real victim.

hiking007dawn

betterthanher said:
OP...you want to know what happened to his rights?

They were essentially put on hold thanks to that restraining order for domestic violence.

Hopefully he has good hiking boots because he's going to need them for that long hill he'll be climbing.
This is what we are looking at in reality, hopefully,we will help him up this hill.

Shay-Pari'e

The first thing you may want to do, is find out why he was convicted for domestic violence. That will protect the child more than anything else.

hiking007dawn

--PARIDISE-- said:
The first thing you may want to do, is find out why he was convicted for domestic violence. That will protect the child more than anything else.
No worries, everything has to be looked into and taken into account. The fact that he is going forward is a positive one, and I'm sure he knows he is accountable.

B

betterthanher

hiking007dawn said:
No worries, everything has to be looked into and taken into account. The fact that he is going forward is a positive one, and I'm sure he knows he is accountable.
If everything has been "looked into and taken into account", then why are you on here crying as if his rights are being trampled on? The only question I would have is did the violence occur in front of or in the vicinity of the child? If the domestic violence charge had no validity to it, then it would've been dismissed.

The only suggestion I can offer is to check the statutes (LAWS!!!!) of Texas to see if domestic violence applies in this case or just assault.

Shay-Pari'e

hiking007dawn said:
Just so happens I am a friend that is not burnt out on trying to find answers, hey, what are friends for! Gee, I thought you were baking cheese cakes and could not post statutes backing up your comments on this forum. :rolleyes:

This dad is innocent as far as the Texas sky reaches, concerning his child. And you know this how?

(QUOTE)The parents were never married, and there is a restraining order against this dad for domestic violence against the mother only... (QUOTE)

Did I call him a victim? Perhaps I should have applied that to his daughter, the real victim. She is not a victim if he obeys the restraining order, now is she?

You are all over this forum giving false advice to people. You certainly have time to defend a abuser, but no time to explain how children can legally drink with the parents at a bar in TX??????????? :rolleyes:

Your quote.

(QUOTE)Unlike other states did you know that you can take your children into the local bar and even drink with them? (QUOTE)

I'm really dying to here this incredible law. :rolleyes:

Last edited:

hiking007dawn

betterthanher said:
If everything has been "looked into and taken into account", then why are you on here crying as if his rights are being trampled on? The only question I would have is did the violence occur in front of or in the vicinity of the child? If the domestic violence charge had no validity to it, then it would've been dismissed.

The only suggestion I can offer is to check the statutes (LAWS!!!!) of Texas to see if domestic violence applies in this case or just assault.
please re-read the statement- Everything HAS TO BE looked at and taken into account, as of yet this has not happened. So then, when we have accomplished that I personally will share OUR tears with you, should the need arise, thanks for your suggestions.

hiking007dawn

--PARIDISE-- said:
hiking007dawn said:
Just so happens I am a friend that is not burnt out on trying to find answers, hey, what are friends for! Gee, I thought you were baking cheese cakes and could not post statutes backing up your comments on this forum. :rolleyes:

This dad is innocent as far as the Texas sky reaches, concerning his child. And you know this how?

(QUOTE)The parents were never married, and there is a restraining order against this dad for domestic violence against the mother only... (QUOTE)

Did I call him a victim? Perhaps I should have applied that to his daughter, the real victim. She is not a victim if he obeys the restraining order, now is she?

You are all over this forum giving false advice to people. You certainly have time to defend a abuser, but no time to explain how children can legally drink with the parents at a bar in TX??????????? :rolleyes:

Your quote.

(QUOTE)Unlike other states did you know that you can take your children into the local bar and even drink with them? (QUOTE)

I'm really dying to here this incredible law. :rolleyes:
Paradise, do you have anger issues? I have no problem locating the law codes and displaying them for all to see, this does take time, but thats o.k. never would I want to intentionally mislead someone, and when this is done are YOU going to apolagize to all those You have mislead?

hiking007dawn

hiking007dawn said:
Paradise, do you have anger issues? I have no problem locating the law codes and displaying them for all to see, this does take time, but thats o.k. never would I want to intentionally mislead someone, and when this is done are YOU going to apolagize to all those You have mislead?
Here are the Texas law codes concerning Consumption of Alcohol by a minor
106.04 a-b
Possession of alcohol by a minor
106.05 b
Purchase of alcohol by a minor
106.06 b
law refrence to establishments selling alcohol
106.13 b&c
The number to a local establishment that here for you to contact is:Railroad Blues 504 W,. Holland ave. Alpine Texas 432-837-3103, also you may call the police dept.(thats if you trust them) at 432-837-3486.
As for the previous criminal that I'm trying to help, isn't that what this site is all about? Judge Para-dice

Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">