• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

upcoming custody case

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

BL

The TOS doesn't actually warn attorneys that they need to be vetted, so how would a first time attorney posting have any idea?
Reading the terms. Then approach the moderator. Still no advertising sneaky or not.

gam

McKenzie...You are advertising on your profile page. That is againstthe TOS of this site. Your profile also "suggests" that you are an attorney...Has Admin vetted you?
From what I read using the link on the profile page, they are not lawyers. Just lay people charging for services related to the law. Not sure how they are doing that and not sure what that means as far as posting on this site.

Just Blue

From what I read using the link on the profile page, they are not lawyers. Just lay people charging for services related to the law. Not sure how they are doing that and not sure what that means as far as posting on this site.
I guess Mary will deal with it...But according to the profile it is an International group...McKensie is prob not even in the States.

ETA; Profile sans advertisment;

About McKenzie Friend
Biography:
McKenzie Friend International was established to ensure the law is accessible to all, to fight fearlessly in the courts for the benefit of others and particularly for those who are most in need of affordable professional assistance when they are facing the
courts

Last edited:

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
Actually not true because certified mail is considered as being served by the POSTAL OFFICE. As long as the court dockets the service, there is not a problem.
How can the person who tenders the item TO the post office certify to the contents of the item in question if they are a party to the case?

BL

How can the person who tenders the item TO the post office certify to the contents of the item in question if they are a party to the case?
Well maybe the law will be posted. The way I read it,was not the party,but it could be certified by someone else,most likey 18 yrs. or older not a party.

Now for CS in MY state the clerk of the court can send that certified , but that's for child support and both parties receive a copy of the summons.

Never heard of this for Custody/Visitataions.

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
Hey cool, UPL!

single317dad

By filling out the certificate of service (signed statement to the court that service was made by first class mail, sufficient postage, on said date). It's pretty standard procedure everywhere I'm aware of, though Maine isn't my domain.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">