• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

URGENT - CPS False Positive Drug Test,

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

futuredust

I disagree with that. That is who gave stespon's mom a drug test. I was asked by them to bring stepson in for questioning and she had told me they did a drug test on her and it was positive for meth.

I don't buy the whole story though. When I've been drug tested (for work) they specifically ask about all medecines.
Every time I have submitted to a drug test, and there were many, I used to work for the sheriffs department and the department of corrections, I was always asked to list ALL medications.

When you are put on the spot for a drug test and they ask you to list ALL meds, including over the counter, you tend to list everything right down to a tylenol.

Humusluvr

Every time I have submitted to a drug test, and there were many, I used to work for the sheriffs department and the department of corrections, I was always asked to list ALL medications.

When you are put on the spot for a drug test and they ask you to list ALL meds, including over the counter, you tend to list everything right down to a tylenol.
That's funny.

I had to do a drug test to sell copiers.

But now that I'm a teacher, and have worked in two schools and a University, none? I think in order to deal with all these kids, people EXPECT me to be on somethin' somethin'.

I digress. I wasn't sure about the CPS thing, because I couldn't imagine it being a legal, controlled setting to administer a drug test in someone's home. Too many variables, opportunities for someone to go in their bathroom and fudge the test, the CPS workers are not properly trained, etc.... Just couldn't imagine CPS being so whimsical when it comes to something as important as custody.

futuredust

Im not sure if it was done at her house or at the office in Stepson's mother's case. I had to take stepson to the office so I was just thinking maybe mom came into their office.

I was told by the sheriff here when all this started, that they cannot just walk in and demand a drug test however cps/dcs whatever you want to call it can however. He told me that's probably why they did the test.
I don't think they can legally demand you do it, they can ask, and most will submit to it.

If I were asked to give some stranger a urine sample, in my home, so they could walk out the door with it, I would refuse. They can either test me in the proper way or they can get a court order to compel me to give up my body fluids in my home. I don't think that would happen, however.

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
I don't think they can legally demand you do it, they can ask, and most will submit to it.

If I were asked to give some stranger a urine sample, in my home, so they could walk out the door with it, I would refuse. They can either test me in the proper way or they can get a court order to compel me to give up my body fluids in my home. I don't think that would happen, however.
No they cannot legally take a urine sample. They can demand you do it but you can refuse. People think CSB has a ton of power -- that they are allowed entry anywhere. Truthfully they aren't> They are the STATE. As such they need a search warrant and court orders UNLESS they have the permission of the individual.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">