• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

URGENT - CPS False Positive Drug Test,

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

ladyv924

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? TX

A few weeks ago, my husband was accused of doing drugs with his teenage daughter. He never has, never will. CPS knocked on our door, he let them in and agreed to a drug test - knowing he had nothing to worry about. Well, it came back positive for something other than marijuana. He's offered to pay for another test, but CPS said no. A "family meeting" is scheduled for tomorrow, 7/13. He's so afraid that CPS won't allow him to see his children (they live with their mother). How does one prove they're innocent?!? What can he do? What would happen if he didn't go to the meeting? HELP!

Ohiogal

Queen Bee

A few weeks ago, my husband was accused of doing drugs with his teenage daughter. He never has, never will. CPS knocked on our door, he let them in and agreed to a drug test - knowing he had nothing to worry about. Well, it came back positive for something other than marijuana. He's offered to pay for another test, but CPS said no. A "family meeting" is scheduled for tomorrow, 7/13. He's so afraid that CPS won't allow him to see his children (they live with their mother). How does one prove they're innocent?!? What can he do? What would happen if he didn't go to the meeting? HELP!
How did he end up with a false positive? How do you know he did nothing? What does he do for a living? What did the positive show? Apparently he does marijuana based on the way you phrased things. What else does he do?

Humusluvr

So, was he accused of doing marijuana with his daughter? But he came back positive for another drug?

Was the drug test conducted at a facility? Have you looked up on the internet what can cause false positives?

And, unless you are with a person 24/7 attached at the hip, you can never really know that they aren't doing drugs. You just can't, even if you think you know them.

ladyv924

He didn't test positive for marijuana because he doesn't do drugs! He DOES however, take allergy medications (over the counter) and yes, taking Sudafed will result in a false positive

Humusluvr

He didn't test positive for marijuana because he doesn't do drugs! He DOES however, take allergy medications (over the counter) and yes, taking Sudafed will result in a false positive
Well, then he should go to "the meeting" and explain. I mean, unless he has something to hide**************...

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
Actually he should have told the testing facility that he was taking sudafed. And any other OTC or prescription meds. Why didn't he do that?

ladyv924

The test was done in our home by the CPS Worker (I wasn't there). She asked if he had taken any prescription medications that day; yes, for heartburn. He doesn't take Sudafed or any allergy med daily but had the day before. This whole situation is surreal...

Humusluvr

The test was done in our home by the CPS Worker (I wasn't there). She asked if he had taken any prescription medications that day; yes, for heartburn. He doesn't take Sudafed or any allergy med daily but had the day before. This whole situation is surreal...
and the whole thing sounds like a load of poo....

CPS doesn't give drug tests.

Why would he take a home test anyways?

And why wouldn't he divulge ALL meds?

Take them all to court, cuz the whole thing sounds like a sham.

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
That does NOT happen. CPS workers do NOT administer drug tests.

futuredust

That does NOT happen. CPS workers do NOT administer drug tests.
When my ex was under investigation, he had to give them a urine sample to be tested, they came to his home, requested a urine sample then had it tested. On more then one occasion. He admitted to drugs in the home, and the kids told CPS workers dad did drugs.

The kids told me on more then one occasion that the "abuse people" must be coming over, dad is making that tea to clean the smoke out of him. They visited on a weekly basis for months.

When my oldest daughter was under investigation, she had to submit to drug testing. They met with her at my mothers home, and she had to give them a urine sample, there at the house.

Now I don't know if was something they *had* to do, but I was there when they came out and tested my oldest daughter. She did go to the bathroom and pee in a cup, then handed it over to the CPS worker.

Just sayin'

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
When my ex was under investigation, he had to give them a urine sample to be tested, they came to his home, requested a urine sample then had it tested. On more then one occasion. He admitted to drugs in the home, and the kids told CPS workers dad did drugs.

The kids told me on more then one occasion that the "abuse people" must be coming over, dad is making that tea to clean the smoke out of him. They visited on a weekly basis for months.

When my oldest daughter was under investigation, she had to submit to drug testing. They met with her at my mothers home, and she had to give them a urine sample, there at the house.

Now I don't know if was something they *had* to do, but I was there when they came out and tested my oldest daughter. She did go to the bathroom and pee in a cup, then handed it over to the CPS worker.

Just sayin'
She went to the bathroom and peed in a cup? Sorry but that is NOT proper protocol for drug tests. At. All. Whoever is gathering the urine must be present when it is produced. The whole chain of custody thing.

CJane

WOW. False Positives on Drug Tests
How is it possible, with my love for Sudafed (the real stuff w/ephedrine in it) and Afrin AND Ibuprofin, that I've never tested positive for anything at all. Ever. And I've taken urine tests @ a clinic once a year for 5 years (employment related).

futuredust

She went to the bathroom and peed in a cup? Sorry but that is NOT proper protocol for drug tests. At. All. Whoever is gathering the urine must be present when it is produced. The whole chain of custody thing.

Oh I agree, and there is no way I would submit in such a way. Just saying I have seen it done, with my own two eyes.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">