• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

US Born Minor child of Alien Parents

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

J

jktech69

What is the name of your state? Massachusetts
Hi, Both me & my wife are from India. Have a little kid 3 yrs born. We lived together after marriage for 1 yr. Fights, Fights so she went off to India for following 2 yrs. She doesn't like me, my family, my way of life & my place. I Brought her back & its the 4 th year of marriage, but still we are at start. No improvement in married life. Now again she wants to go back, but this time for ever (May be Divorce). She will ONLY GO with the child. I want to give a good life to the child rather then sending the kid with her to India to Rott. What should I do ? With whom will the US born child be ? How do I get a Divorce and also prevent her from taking the child ? Can I apply for Divorce in US or will it be India, place of marriage ? & who decides over the child ? US law or Indian Law ? Indian Law is Pro-women & I am sure to loose my child & would never see him.
Please help !!! I am in a mess.

CJane

You can file for divorce in the US. The US courts will decide custody and visitation based on what they determine to be the best interests of the child.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">