• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Using Third Party for pick up/drop off

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Justamomof2

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Illinois

There is a temporary visitation order which is very brief and doesn't spell out anything. I am the custodial parent. My lawyer says it's ok for me to send someone else to the exchange site to drop off and pick up. I wondered if that is true then for the NCP as well.

Can the NCP send a third party to pick up and drop off the child as well? Do I have to allow a third party to pick up the child?

Isis1

if you want dad to not start a nitpick fight over this then don't make this an issue.

if you assign a third party, then so can dad. the only thing barring this is a restraining order that barrs third parties from pick up points.

sometwo

I dont think you can dictate who picks up the child if it isnt spelled out in the court order. Why should you be allowed to do something and not him? That would just be silly. The only time I could see maybe refusing to let a child go is if I didnt know the person (as in I didnt know who they were and the other parent had not informed me that someone was picking them up other than them that I may not know, say if we were meeting somewhere). My stepson's mother use to send her boyfriend to pick up stepson. Although my husband didnt know him very well he knew that was her boyfriend and there were no problems. In fact later in the custody papers he was listed as one of the people that could watch the child. There were certain people that were allowed to watch him and my husband could deny anyone picking up their son that wasnt listed in the court order. That's not the case here. If the order doesnt have specifics then I dont see what the problem would be.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">