• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

vacation out of state

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

shannon32

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?
I live in Indiana. I have full custody of our 2 children he has visitations every other weekend. I have planned a trip to take them to Florida in a few weeks. my ex husband calls telling me I am not allowed to because I did not notify him by mail 30 days prior that I was taking them out of state for vacation. the days we will be gone does not effect his visitation, is he right? It is not mentioned in our divource degree.What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?
I live in Indiana. I have full custody of our 2 children he has visitations every other weekend. I have planned a trip to take them to Florida in a few weeks. my ex husband calls telling me I am not allowed to because I did not notify him by mail 30 days prior that I was taking them out of state for vacation. the days we will be gone does not effect his visitation, is he right? It is not mentioned in our divource degree.What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?
LD knows INdiana law but quite frankly if it is not interfering with his visitation at all then you should be able to travel out of state. Enjoy the trip to Disney.

truebluemd

you don't have to give him any notice if there is nothing in the order about taking the child out of state.

I am not familiar with Indiana law, but unless there is a statute about notification before taking the child out of state, then I say again, you don't have to give him any notification. You responsibility is to have the kids ready at the CO'd place and time when he is suppose to pick up the child.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">