• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Verbal Agreement vs. Written Court Order

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

merlegirl

In Michigan, can a verbal agreement concerning parenting time take precedence over the parenting time schedule in the written court order? My husband and his ex-wife had followed a parenting time verbal agreement between the two of them since their divorce. Now, my husband is trying to follow the parenting time schedule as written in their divorce paperwork and his ex-wife is saying that the verbal agreement takes precedence over the original court order. They never had the verbal agreement put into writing. Will this stand up in court?

seniorjudge

Q: In Michigan, can a verbal agreement concerning parenting time take precedence over the parenting time schedule in the written court order?

A: No.

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
In Michigan, can a verbal agreement concerning parenting time take precedence over the parenting time schedule in the written court order? My husband and his ex-wife had followed a parenting time verbal agreement between the two of them since their divorce. Now, my husband is trying to follow the parenting time schedule as written in their divorce paperwork and his ex-wife is saying that the verbal agreement takes precedence over the original court order. They never had the verbal agreement put into writing. Will this stand up in court?
While it does not take precedence. his ex can go into court and sue to modify the order based on status quo -- which will prove the case. What is your husband changing and why?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">