• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Vindictive Mother

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

summerdawn

Petit Larceny: also petty larceny

The theft of objects whose value is below a certain arbitrary standard.
Well, i'll be darned.

I didn't give legal advice, but I did feel the need to ask her why she felt like she HAD to TELL father to take custody of the child. He is a grown man, and if he wants the child he is quite capable of filing. She shouldn't have to TELL him to do it. I think this site is getting me jaded. I have seen SO many stepmoms decide their man 'needs' the kid since i've been here. As a mom, it is unsettling. :(

fairisfair

Well, i'll be darned.

I didn't give legal advice, but I did feel the need to ask her why she felt like she HAD to TELL father to take custody of the child. He is a grown man, and if he wants the child he is quite capable of filing. She shouldn't have to TELL him to do it. I think this site is getting me jaded. I have seen SO many stepmoms decide their man 'needs' the kid since i've been here. As a mom, it is unsettling. :(
This site will do that to you.

If your husband had a child that he was worried about, and he was either too lazy, too ignorant or too embarrassed to get advice. . . . . . .would you help him?

Last edited by a moderator:

Shay-Pari'e

Actually Shay, post # 2 is the only one that belongs here.

Fair, no one can dictate what others post, or how they approach it. SG laid it on the line. It's true that hubby has done NOTHING about any of this and it is obvious that new wifie is just upset that mommy has filed for support.

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney

If your husband had a child that he was worried about, and he was either too lazy, too ignorant or too embarrassed to get advice. . . . . . .would you help him?
Or, perhaps you missed the other possible explanation. PERHAPS the husband doesn't feel there is a problem that needs to be addressed... :rolleyes:

fairisfair

Fair, no one can dictate what others post, or how they approach it. SG laid it on the line. It's true that hubby has done NOTHING about any of this and it is obvious that new wifie is just upset that mommy has filed for support.
actually, apparently there IS someone who can dictate what others post. In fact look down, I see her moderating the thread as we speak.

I didn't find it obvious that she was upset about the support. I did see her concern that the child was NOT LIVING with her and she was trying to collect support.

summerdawn

Yeah, i'm pretty darned sure I would. I think the biggest thing that bothers me is women who come in here listing little petty things and calling the mom unfit for dumb reasons...it gets kind of old after a while.

I was kind of jumped on in my first post, and it was not fun. I will try to be more mindful of how I treat newer people. :) I know I don't have a whole lot of legal advice to give, so I usually try to help them with their posts by letting them know about the FAQ and stuff. I figure if I post about little things like that, it might free people up who are more knowledgeable to answer the actual legal questions.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">