• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

visitation contempt

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

J

jd_kid72

What is the name of your state? INDIANA

I have a son who is almost four years old. The last time I saw him was his 1st birthday when at this time they moved to New York.

The terms of her moving included:

1. She would bear the cost for the first year for him to come visit.

2. I would be allowed 4 non-consecutive weeks every two months and 2 consecutive weeks in the summer months.

To date she has not complied with any of the terms, and also will not even let me talk to him on the phone.

I did get behind in child support due to many hardships but I am now paying with arreage.

I do not have enough money for an attorney, is there anything I can do myself?

Can she be ordered to move back to IN?

Any advise here would be a godsend.

thank you very much

VeronicaGia

You can file a contempt action on your own, and you should have already done so. You cannot have her ordered to move back.

H

hexeliebe

The terms of her moving included:
Is this in the form of a court order?

To date she has not complied with any of the terms, and also will not even let me talk to him on the phone.
Have you documented every violation of the agreement? Times, dates, reasons given?

I did get behind in child support due to many hardships but I am now paying with arreage.
Doesn't matter. This has nothing to do with Visitation.

Can she be ordered to move back to IN?
No. However, you never said where the original visitation order was issued and if it was ever moved (jurisdiction) to New York. Give us these answers please.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">