• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

visitation exchanges

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

kluetke18

What is the name of your state? IL

Who's responsibility is it to pick up and drop off the children? I have a complicated situation.....we have a court order for all exchanges to be done at the local Police Dept. My ex has filed for an amendedment to change the exchanges closer to where he lives as he has no valid drivers license. Does he have a case? He lost his license back in 1989 due to a D.U.I and hasnt re-instated it as yet. He was just released from jail due to 2 class 2 fleonies and a willful contempt charge for not paying child support. Does he has a legitamate case?:confused:

LdiJ

kluetke18 said:
What is the name of your state? IL

Who's responsibility is it to pick up and drop off the children? I have a complicated situation.....we have a court order for all exchanges to be done at the local Police Dept. My ex has filed for an amendedment to change the exchanges closer to where he lives as he has no valid drivers license. Does he have a case? He lost his license back in 1989 due to a D.U.I and hasnt re-instated it as yet. He was just released from jail due to 2 class 2 fleonies and a willful contempt charge for not paying child support. Does he has a legitamate case?:confused:
I doubt it.....its not possible to truly predict what a judge might order, but I would be surprized if he got anywhere with this one.

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
How has he been seeing the children? Has he been sending someone and you have been denying them to the right to get the children? Or has he been coming with someone and you have been okay with that? How has he been retrieving the children thus far?

LdiJ

Ohiogal said:
How has he been seeing the children? Has he been sending someone and you have been denying them to the right to get the children? Or has he been coming with someone and you have been okay with that? How has he been retrieving the children thus far?
This:

He was just released from jail due to 2 class 2 fleonies and a willful contempt charge for not paying child support. Does he has a legitamate case?
leads me to believe that its been at least a while since he has seen the kids.

kluetke18

He has been using friends and relatives previously. He's always there with them when he comes. He filed for the exchanges to be moved from 1 police dept to another and now he's filing an amendment because he didn't like where the judge moved it, when it was he who wanted it moved in the first place

kluetke18

He was released last Wednesday after being in since May 20, 2005. He was allowed to call (non-collect) each week to speak to both of the children. But obviously no visitation was granted.

kluetke18

He told the judge he would be moving to the town he lives in now and the judge still kept it where it is.. Needless to say he's pissed about the whole situation and thinks the world should revolve around him. He is currently @ 50 miles from the drop off.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">