• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Visitation with grandchild

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

vegasgrndma

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Nevada

I need to know how I can get legal visitation with my granddaughter.
The reason is that her father moved to vegas and lived with me for about a year. I then forced him to move out. When he moved, he took the grandchild who is his daughter with him. Since then he refused to let me talk to her or even see her. What is my legal option? Thank you.
Sincerely,
Theresa.

Proserpina

The reason is that her father moved to vegas and lived with me for about a year. I then forced him to move out. When he moved, he took the grandchild who is his daughter with him. Since then he refused to let me talk to her or even see her. What is my legal option? Thank you.
Sincerely,
Theresa.

It is EXTREMELY unlikely that you will prevail in obtaining visitation rights contrary to your son's wishes.

tornado88

Stick around for the seniors to reply, but I am betting they are going to tell you that you that you have no legal option. You have no rights to the child. Where is mom? How long have they been gone from your home?

LdiJ

Sincerely,
Theresa.
What did you expect to happen when you forced him to move out? I am not saying that you were wrong to do so, but did you expect that he would move out without taking his child with him? Did you expect everything to be easy and simple after he moved out?

You need to repair your relationship with your son (and/or the father of your granchild).

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">