• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

visitation interference by cp

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

D

ddamron

What is the name of your state? utah my husbands x they were never married. she continually messes with visitation, we have gone to court twice and judge has ordered strict visitation, however she either moves or refuses. this last time she was held in contempt and given 10 days jail. judge stayed jail time upon her compliance with 6mos no interference with visitation. she has moved again after only 3 weeks. what can we do?

yessy

keep filing reports at the police station and keep going to court hopefully she will loose custody of the children. I don't know the the problem is with dad having quality time with his kids?!!! she should be happy he is there for them, what a weirdo... but don't quit keep fighting:D

D

ddamron

thank you for your reply. Since the judge ordered 6 mos. of spelled out visitation can we do anything about her moving out of state? She has moved 3 times in the last year. we are worried about the child. he is already failing school.

VeronicaGia

ddamron said:
thank you for your reply. Since the judge ordered 6 mos. of spelled out visitation can we do anything about her moving out of state? She has moved 3 times in the last year. we are worried about the child. he is already failing school.
Probably. How is her moving going to affect his visitation? Does the order address moving the child out of state? Does the order address who will pay for visitation costs (if there are any, such as airfare/gasoline)?

Your husband needs to file another contempt action if he's been denied again already.

D

ddamron

no, our visitation does not say anything about out of state visitation. she is usually only gone a month maybe two, but when she returns we always have to go back to court in order to see his son. we just want to do the right thing for the child, not make his life any more miserable than it is right now. our current visitation schedule allows us to have him one night during the week and every other weekend plus alternating holidays. with the move i don't know how often we will see him. we have contacted our lawyer. we have a review hearing in 6 mos. he suggested that we wait till then, because he knows how she is. if we fight for a change of custody now she will probably run with him. we are not sure how we want to handle it at this point. we are exploring our options.

Last edited:
O

oneandonly

Unfortunately, with some CP's....

you have to stay at least one step ahead of them.
This is a broad statement which means, be PRO active and not RE active...
reread the court order and make sure your dh documents all attempts of the other parent going against said court order.

Keep complete and accurate documentation of any and all communications, emails, etc....write everything down.
Now, in most cases I have seen, filing contempt results in little to nothing done, BUT, if enough are filed....custody can be changed..
This does NOT mean, run to court every time there is a violation of the court orders-I am sure your lawyer probably explained this to you.
IT does mean, if you are denied visitation and the other parent in in complete contempt-well, enough documentation and the other parent can be fined, jailed, have to pay court costs, etc....
I will echo what kat said--go to
www.deltabravo.net

look at the articles, etc... on there for a wealth of info
look at the Parenting Time Tracker, too
*deltabravo.net is changing to another location soon so go there asap as I do not have the new site address yet to post*
good luck and best wishes

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">