• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Visitation order

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

tiredtoday

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? ks

Does anyone know how much it cost to file a emergency visitation order?

tiredtoday

That is what i am wondering my self, but my ex and his mother are filling one tomorrow, I opened my doors to them and they insist in taking my son 2 hours away from his home, when my boy doesnt even know them, and they are threathening me, with that emergency court order... and my life...They said they dont have money to come see him down here and thats why they wanted me to take him up to where they are and leave him there...

CJane

You're going to have to provide a LOT more detail.

Start with:

Were you married to your ex?

Is the ex the legally established father of the child?

Are there ANY court orders in place for visitation?

Where do ex/his mother live?

Did they seriously threaten your LIFE?

tiredtoday

No we where never married

He is legally established as the father

no previous orders

they live in CO

and yes he seriously threatened me , said im gonna get you, you hear me, you are gonna get it.

i want to know is what the cost since they could drive 2 hours south

CJane

Ok. Go TOMORROW and file for a restraining order against both him and his mother, on an emergency basis.

Then, make sure anyone who has your child (day care, whatever) is aware of the restraining order.

Sit tight. Until he actually files for visitation in YOUR county, he's not entitled to it. And no, he's not going to get emergency custody. And there's no such thing as emergency visitation.

STOP taking phone calls/communication from him NOW.

In fact, call the local PD/Sheriff and ask them to send an officer to make a report right now.

LdiJ

No we where never married

He is legally established as the father

no previous orders

they live in CO

and yes he seriously threatened me , said im gonna get you, you hear me, you are gonna get it.

i want to know is what the cost since they could drive 2 hours south
You could file for a restraining/protective order if you really feel that you are in danger.

Please though, explain the situation. Give us some history on the situation. For example, if you recently moved two hours away, the father might have a basis for some sort of emergency action. You are asking us to give you answers in a vacumn, and you won't get good answers that way.

Start at the beginning, tell us how old your child is and give us a brief history on your situation. Explain why there is a distance between you and dad and who created that distance, and when that happened.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">