• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

visitation papers by court not signed

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

stephanie9300

Hi My name is stephanie and i am from Louisiana.. I have a question concering visitation papers that my fiance had gone to court for a year ago. He was awarded every wednesday and every other weekend and it was agreed on in open court by him and the mother of the child (they were not married). They were drawn up and sent to both parties lawyers. My fiance signed them but the mother will not sign the papers therefore he has no legal right to see his child. If she allows him to see the child and gets angry she will call the cops stating that he has no right to see the child. What can be done or what steps should be taken? His lawyer is aware of the situation but shes just sitting around doing nothing. He pays child support which was ordered by the court. Please help.

BL

stephanie9300 said:
Hi My name is stephanie and i am from Louisiana.. I have a question concering visitation papers that my fiance had gone to court for a year ago. He was awarded every wednesday and every other weekend and it was agreed on in open court by him and the mother of the child (they were not married). They were drawn up and sent to both parties lawyers. My fiance signed them but the mother will not sign the papers therefore he has no legal right to see his child. If she allows him to see the child and gets angry she will call the cops stating that he has no right to see the child. What can be done or what steps should be taken? His lawyer is aware of the situation but shes just sitting around doing nothing. He pays child support which was ordered by the court. Please help.
If the Lawyer has been paid or is being Paid , he needs to assert to the Lawyer , this was agreed upon , and it needs to be entered into record .

If the mother is unwilling to sign it , then he needs to assert to the lawyer , the issue needs to be taken back in front of the Judge .

I would not play games with the Lawyer or the mother .

stephanie9300

visitation papers not signed

undefined

Louisiana .. the lawyer is very informed of the situation but is just sitting on it. We have place numerous calls to her but she doesnt seem to have any fire under her butt to help us. She charges alot but the service is not worth it and we are at a lose for what to do. Can we contact the Judges office that awarded visitation a year ago and bypass the lawyer just to see how we can get visitation legally on the record?

BL

It's been an entire Year , since the Judge told the Lawyer to draw up papers and submit them ?

If so you need to take this back to Court . Let the Judge make the Order .

The Lawyer can draw up the Papers , but can not make the other Party sign them .

stephanie9300

Louisiana

This was taken to court a year ago and this is a judges order for visitaiton but the mother will not sign them even know it was agreed upon in open court. All the papers are drawn up by the courts but cannot go into record without her signature thus giving him NO legal rights to see his child.

BL

stephanie9300 said:
Louisiana

This was taken to court a year ago and this is a judges order for visitaiton but the mother will not sign them even know it was agreed upon in open court. All the papers are drawn up by the courts but cannot go into record without her signature thus giving him NO legal rights to see his child.
If the Court made an order and it was signed by a Judge , that's the only signature that counts .

You would do well to contact the Chief Clerk of that Court part and/or records room to see if in fact the Orders have been entered into record signed by the Judge .

The Orders could have been entered upon the stipulations and agreements by the Parties .

I have never heard of the Court making Orders and then waiting for the Parties to sign any documents .

I have heard the Judge tell a Lawyer to draw up the papers , then the Judge sign them , and entered into record .

On all of my hubby's Orders there is a space for mom and him to sign but they never do. If the judge signed that is all that matters. My hubby actually asked the judge once (he is pro se) if they should sign the Order and the Judge said something along the lines of whether they agree to the Order or not it doesn't matter he signed it and that is all it takes to hold either party in contempt for not following it ( it was a contempt hearing against mom and he the judge was not a happy camper).

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">