• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Visitation Schedule

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Alabama4

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Alabama

My ex-wife is always changing the visitation schedule to meet her needs, even if I do not agree to the schedule change. When I go to pick-up my children on my scheduled weekend they will just not be there. Can she do this or she bound by the court ordered visitation schedule? If she is bound by the agreement, how can I enforce it?

TheGeekess

Keeper of the Kraken
If there is a court order for you to visit the children, she is in contempt when she denies your visitation time. You have to attempt to pick the children up. You can call the police to document that you were at the pickup point and the children were not. However, the police will not arrest anyone; this is a civil matter.

If you're calling Mom and she's telling you that you will not be able to see them and you acquiesce (agree), then that is not an attempt.

You need to document every time you are refused. When a pattern emerges, then you can file contempt with the court that issued the order. Document, document, document. Time and dates. This will help you keep your facts straight. Courts deal in facts/legalities, not emotions.

DoItYourself Forms (IE specific):
http://eforms.alacourt.gov/

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">