• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Visitation When A Child Is Working

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Proserpina

This OP is not "wrong for allowing the daughter to work on mom's weekends". Mom herself is the one allowing the daughter to work, with the agreement that if she does so, she must drive herself. I don't see a problem with that.

Mom, by order, is responsible for picking the daughter up. If she does so, she has no responsibility to take the child to work, only to bring her home (assuming that is also part of the order). Really, I don't see anyone doing anything wrong here. Kids need time with their parents. They also need to work for their money. I'm not sure how else this could be worked out.

I'm not really disagreeing but the teen also needs to understand that court orders are just that - orders. I'm wary of the parent who allows the teen to basically wipe their backsides with the court order.

And yet the longer I stick around here, the more I believe that there is a legitimate concern that the teen will reject the parent for a long, long time.

Kenny_74

This OP is not "wrong for allowing the daughter to work on mom's weekends". Mom herself is the one allowing the daughter to work, with the agreement that if she does so, she must drive herself. I don't see a problem with that.

Mom, by order, is responsible for picking the daughter up. If she does so, she has no responsibility to take the child to work, only to bring her home (assuming that is also part of the order). Really, I don't see anyone doing anything wrong here. Kids need time with their parents. They also need to work for their money. I'm not sure how else this could be worked out.
Exactly. Thanks for providing a voice of reason.

Kenny_74

I'm not really disagreeing but the teen also needs to understand that court orders are just that - orders. I'm wary of the parent who allows the teen to basically wipe their backsides with the court order.

And yet the longer I stick around here, the more I believe that there is a legitimate concern that the teen will reject the parent for a long, long time.
Aside from this, we don't really have any other hiccups. Like I said, we adhere to the standard parenting plan.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">