• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Visitation when only Stepmom home?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am a fireman and have a job where I sometimes work weekends. My visitation is on weekends. My daughter will usually just stay home with her stepmom (my wife) and baby brother. My ex-wife is now saying I do not have the right to not be there during vivitation, and only have my wife there. Is this right? HELP!!!

Silverplum

I am a fireman and have a job where I sometimes work weekends. My visitation is on weekends. My daughter will usually just stay home with her stepmom (my wife) and baby brother. My ex-wife is now saying I do not have the right to not be there during vivitation, and only have my wife there. Is this right? HELP!!!
Name of your state, please?

fairisfair

No - but we are going back in to mediation soon. What does that mean?
that means that when a parent is unable to be with the child, for a given period of time, the other parent has the right of first refusal. In other words, they have the right to be with the child before any other form of childcare is considered. Generally speaking, unless your order states differently, parenting time is for the Parent, that is you, not your wife.

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
This only happens if, say, I am off on Friday and Sunday, so I have my wife keep her on Saturday.
And if there is no right of first refusal and you pick the child up on Friday and drop him/her off on Sunday then there is no problem with your wife watching him/her on Saturday. Of course how many hours are you working Saturday? 24?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">