• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Voluntary Declaration of Parentage Court Recognition

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

sundrieddn

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? California

Hi, my girlfriend and I recently signed a Voluntarty Declaratio of Paternity in Los Angeles, CA. We then sent in the Sworn statement, the Adjucation of Facts and the Birth Record Amendment. We did this for our two children.

I am the father and we were never married so I didn't go on the birth certificates.

We now understand that the court needs to register or recognize our Declaration, so I filed a "Motion to Establish Parental Relationship" as the Petitioner and she as the respondent.

I also filed a "Declaration under Uniform Child Custody Jurisdiction Enforcement Act" as the petitioner and she as respondent.

I filed with these a summons for her and a blank "Response to Motion to Establish Parental Relationship".

The court accepted the motions and forms and gave us a fee waiver for filings and a case number. We are in agreement on custody and visitation but are not sure what our next filings need to be with the court to finalize this process.

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? California

CourtClerk

File an Order to Show Cause and schedule mediation...

Oh, once finalized, be prepared to pay the court back the filing fee they loaned you. My court is now withholding judgments until the money is paid back.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">