+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 2 of 2
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Dec 2009

    Voluntary Declaration of Parentage Court Recognition

    What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? California

    Hi, my girlfriend and I recently signed a Voluntarty Declaratio of Paternity in Los Angeles, CA. We then sent in the Sworn statement, the Adjucation of Facts and the Birth Record Amendment. We did this for our two children.

    I am the father and we were never married so I didn't go on the birth certificates.

    We now understand that the court needs to register or recognize our Declaration, so I filed a "Motion to Establish Parental Relationship" as the Petitioner and she as the respondent.

    I also filed a "Declaration under Uniform Child Custody Jurisdiction Enforcement Act" as the petitioner and she as respondent.

    I filed with these a summons for her and a blank "Response to Motion to Establish Parental Relationship".

    The court accepted the motions and forms and gave us a fee waiver for filings and a case number. We are in agreement on custody and visitation but are not sure what our next filings need to be with the court to finalize this process.

    What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? California

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Sitting at the computer probably rolling my eyes at your post
    File an Order to Show Cause and schedule mediation...

    Oh, once finalized, be prepared to pay the court back the filing fee they loaned you. My court is now withholding judgments until the money is paid back.

+ Reply to Thread

Similar Threads

  1. Court order for travel declaration
    By Sebastian Ray in forum Child Custody & Visitation
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 12-16-2011, 03:49 PM
  2. Set Aside Voluntary Declaration of Paternity Denied :O
    By tshpilker in forum Child Custody & Visitation
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 07-19-2011, 04:06 PM
  3. Retreiving the Written Declaration from the Court
    By AgentSmithers in forum Speeding and Other Moving Violations
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 01-19-2011, 01:08 AM
  4. set aside voluntary declaration of paternity
    By Diane in forum Child Support
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 02-03-2006, 04:29 PM
  5. How can a beneficiary file a Declaration to Probate court?
    By DustyJewel in forum Probate and Personal Representatives
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 11-07-2005, 03:19 PM

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

© Since 1995 Advice Company, All Rights Reserved

FreeAdvice® has been providing millions of consumers with outstanding advice, free, since 1995. While not a substitute for personal advice from a licensed professional, it is available AS IS, subject to our Disclaimer and Terms & Conditions Of Use.