• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

voluntary termination of parental rights florida form

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Just Blue

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Florida
can someone help me find this form?
post a link or let me know if you can get it at the court house, and how much it would cost from the court house?
im not looking for one that requires step-parent adoption.
You have two threads regarding this matter. Please stop starting new threads regarding the same thing.

ramen

You have two threads regarding this matter. Please stop starting new threads regarding the same thing.

well noone relpied on one of them and the other one noone answered my ? so i figured if i could get ahold of the form i could go from there on my own i really just want t some help from someone who knows more about this than i do
im very sorry

Banned_Princess

no court in FLA is going to allow you to just terminate the rights of the other parent, especially since he never had to do anything. until ordered by the court, he doesn't have to see or pay for the kids.

you cant terminate the rights and responsibilities without having someone else ((step parent)) willing to take over the responsibility.

and you are trying to terminate rights on a child that hasn't even been born yet is ridiculous. and if that isn't the case, then you see why it is crucial to keep all questions together in the same thread.

instead of trying to move a mountain, move a rock by suing him for child support as well as visitation.

ramen

no court in FLA is going to allow you to just terminate the rights of the other parent, especially since he never had to do anything. until ordered by the court, he doesn't have to see or pay for the kids.

you cant terminate the rights and responsibilities without having someone else ((step parent)) willing to take over the responsibility.

and you are trying to terminate rights on a child that hasn't even been born yet is ridiculous. and if that isn't the case, then you see why it is crucial to keep all questions together in the same thread.

instead of trying to move a mountain, move a rock by suing him for child support as well as visitation.
I dont want him to have custody due to the fact that he wont cooperate or even answer me when i need his signature for things like passports. suing him wont help me with this

Proserpina

I dont want him to have custody due to the fact that he wont cooperate or even answer me when i need his signature for things like passports. suing him wont help me with this

It doesn't matter.

He's ENTITLED to file for custody and visitation, and he's ENTITLED to refuse to cooperate about a passport.

You don't get to make that decision unilaterally I'm afraid.

ramen

It doesn't matter.

He's ENTITLED to file for custody and visitation, and he's ENTITLED to refuse to cooperate about a passport.

You don't get to make that decision unilaterally I'm afraid.
he wants nothing to do with his kids. he has made that clear. He doesnt want custody or visitation, or to be bothered with documents i need for my son.
if he is willing to have his rights terminated and willing to sign the papers can it be done? and me be single parent.

Proserpina

he wants nothing to do with his kids. he has made that clear. He doesnt want custody or visitation, or to be bothered with documents i need for my son.
if he is willing to have his rights terminated and willing to sign the papers can it be done? and me be single parent.

Short answer:

Nope.

Not in your state.

But this is easy. If you're unmarried, simply don't file to establish paternity. If HE can't be bothered, fine - you'll be the ONLY parent listed on the birth certificate, and that's enough to get your child a passport.

Cool, huh?

ramen

Short answer:

Nope.

Not in your state.

But this is easy. If you're unmarried, simply don't file to establish paternity. If HE can't be bothered, fine - you'll be the ONLY parent listed on the birth certificate, and that's enough to get your child a passport.

Cool, huh?
he is already on the Birth Certificate. im refering to my son thats a year old in this thread and i dont plan to put him on the birth certificate for the new baby

Proserpina

he is already on the Birth Certificate. im refering to my son thats a year old in this thread and i dont plan to put him on the birth certificate for the new baby

Then you'll have to go to court and request that the court compel him to sign for a passport.

Sorry, I'm not digging through your post history.

Banned_Princess

then how can i get a passport for my son without his signature?
you already got it didnt you?

dont name him on the birth cert for the new one (no you cant change the older ones name) and be an only parent.

your fault for having 2 children with this man.

if you dont start no mess, wont be no mess. as a wise young man once said.

ramen

you already got it didnt you?

dont name him on the birth cert for the new one (no you cant change the older ones name) and be an only parent.

your fault for having 2 children with this man.

if you dont start no mess, wont be no mess. as a wise young man once said.
no i cant get a passport without his signature and he wont sign it cause he wants nothing to do with me or his kid.
im not asking for your opinion on whose fault it is and i wont ever post on this site again. all of the senior members are rude and judgmental when i thought this forum was to help get answers to legal questions about specific situations but everyone would rather give their opinion than any actually helpful legal advice.
And sure its my fault... but i don't regret it at all cause i got 2 great kids out of it.
and i just found out from a florida family law lawyer that i can have him taken off the birth cert. and can terminate his rights.

so thanks for all your "help"
its my fault for asking for advice from uncreditable recourse... sorry to waste your time...

TheGeekess

Keeper of the Kraken
no i cant get a passport without his signature and he wont sign it cause he wants nothing to do with me or his kid.
im not asking for your opinion on whose fault it is and i wont ever post on this site again. all of the senior members are rude and judgmental when i thought this forum was to help get answers to legal questions about specific situations but everyone would rather give their opinion than any actually helpful legal advice.
And sure its my fault... but i don't regret it at all cause i got 2 great kids out of it.
and i just found out from a florida family law lawyer that i can have him taken off the birth cert. and can terminate his rights.

its my fault for asking for advice from uncreditable recourse... sorry to waste your time...
The OG Effect lives! :rolleyes:

Proserpina

LOL No. No you didn't.

But thanks for the giggle, anyway!

I'd LOVE to see how this Working Late On Sunday Lawyer is going to organize such a TPR when from YOUR OWN WORDS there is no basis for doing so. I guess if it's true though, you'll have no problem coming back to explain, will you?

:cool:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">