• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Want to keep ex from taking child out of state.

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

WA19K80

Washington State
I want to get custody of my daughter. Her mother (ex-girlfriend) and I never married. My ex-girlfriend is now homeless, has a history of drug use and begging for me to let her live with me and the kids. My ex's 10 year old daugther (from another man) now lives at my house along with MY 17 mo. old daugther. My ex is threatening to move out of the state with the kids, if I don't let her move in with me. I pay for all the childrens needs and would love to have them both legally under my care. Money is tight with me handling everything on my own. How do I get custody without having to dish out thousands to an attorney? Oh and a while back she signed a parenting agreement saying she wanted no child support from me, since I was paying for everything anyway. I didn't understand the paper, still have it. Should I turn that into the state? Washington State

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
Washington State
I want to get custody of my daughter. Her mother (ex-girlfriend) and I never married. My ex-girlfriend is now homeless, has a history of drug use and begging for me to let her live with me and the kids. My ex's 10 year old daugther (from another man) now lives at my house along with MY 17 mo. old daugther. My ex is threatening to move out of the state with the kids, if I don't let her move in with me. I pay for all the childrens needs and would love to have them both legally under my care. Money is tight with me handling everything on my own. How do I get custody without having to dish out thousands to an attorney? Oh and a while back she signed a parenting agreement saying she wanted no child support from me, since I was paying for everything anyway. I didn't understand the paper, still have it. Should I turn that into the state? Washington State
YOu file pro se to establish paternity, custody/visitation. You will only be able to do so for your 17 month old. You will not be able to do this for the 10 year old.

Isis1

Washington State
so ex-girl friend is homeless. kids are living with you. even the one that isn't yours.

you will need to file to establish paternity/custody/visitation/support. immediately. for your child only.

how long has your child been living with you?

WA19K80

My daugther has been living with her mother and myself every other day up until two weeks ago, when I moved all my things out of my room and allowed my ex-girlfriends daugther to move in with me due to her mother losing her apartment. So both my daugther and the ex's are currently living with me now for a couple of weeks. Washington

Proserpina

My daugther has been living with her mother and myself every other day up until two weeks ago, when I moved all my things out of my room and allowed my ex-girlfriends daugther to move in with me due to her mother losing her apartment. So both my daugther and the ex's are currently living with me now for a couple of weeks. Washington
?! Could you expand on that please?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">