• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

want to leave the state

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

F

flowerpetals

we live in california, i want a divorce from husband, we have 2 kids together. i want to move to colorado. i already have a job and a place to live. there is no court order for anything yet. he says if i go, then he will have me arested for kidnapping and abducting. what are the laws as far as leaving the state??

S

scumcoast

If you are still married there is no custody and you or he has the same rights to the children. I don't know that he can file charges for kidnapping at this point. But if you file for divorce he can prevent you moving. Check the laws in your state on kidnapping to be sure under some of the legal sites or statutes.

T

Tracy6172

scumcoast said:
If you are still married there is no custody and you or he has the same rights to the children. I don't know that he can file charges for kidnapping at this point. But if you file for divorce he can prevent you moving. Check the laws in your state on kidnapping to be sure under some of the legal sites or statutes.

jenaw3

same situation

I am in a similar situation, my daughters father is a nasty person. we were never married and he has emotional abused me and caused much more problems. Let me know if you get any good legal advice. I had a lawyer but he was too lazy and wasn't doing a good job so now I am starting all over agan w/ getting a new lawyer. I had 2 temp. restrainign orders on my daughters father. The only reason he won't let me leave is becuase he wants to make my life miserable. And the thing that really stinks is he doesn't care for her but he cares about making my life hell. And the laws really are not fair in these situations. I was never married to this guy and now he thinks he has so much control over my life since my moving depends on him.
So anyway, I was just wondering if you could let me know if you get any good legal advice on this matter.
Thank you
[email protected]

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">