• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Want to move to Texas

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

confused-mother

I currently live in California. I have a daughter that is 20 months old and her father and I separated about one year ago due to physical abuse and cheating on his behalf. We get along now, but not much effort on his behalf during this past year. Still don't collect child support even though a case has been opened for almost a year now and no custody established legaly although she's been with me fulltime. My boyfriend just accepted a great job offer in Texas and we're having to move on short notice. The father is aware of the situation and I do have his permission to make the move but I'm just afraid of maybe him changing his mind later on if he doesn't like the situation down the road. How can I file his written permission with the courts? Do I have to get custody set up first? Not much time and a lot to get taken care and don't have money for a lawyer......as daycare is VERY expensive. Have gone for legal advice but no one seems to know much in this situation. HELP! My boyfriend is leaving in two weeks and I'm stuck here trying to figure things out before my daughter and I go.

GLASSJAWGURL20

Here We Go!

I know how you feel, i am in the same predicament! I am trying to move to Southern California due to my fiance getting an excellent job offer. You need to make it official, especially if you do not trust him. I advise you go to your Family Court and visit a Family Law Faciliator if you need help with the forms. GO to the Facilitator, let them know of the agreement, and they will tell you what to fill out. Usually it's a UPA (Uniform Parentage Act) and then an Order to Show Cause. The initial amount i paid was 314.20 But you can always apply for a fee waiver. Get it in writing!!!

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">