• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

wanting to move, but pregnant with ex's baby

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

A

aabrown

What is the name of your state? ohio
i am 3 months pregnant with my ex's child. he is aware that this is his baby and i do not want to be with him. i am planning on moving from ohio where we both now live to california to live with my best friend. my ex just got in a drunk driving accident last month, but it was documented as a sober accident because he lied to police. he is on antidepressants which i don't think are even precribed to him. he says he'll fight for custody, but i don't want this child around him. he's not a good influence. will i be stuck flying out here to let my child stay with an unstable father? we are not married and i don't want to fight him for custody. i wish he was out of our lives. please help. he is angry and yells all the ytime. i don't know what to do.

Last edited:

stealth2

Under the Radar Member
If he insists on filing for paternity and is proven to be the father - yes, you will have to make arrangements for visitation. And in all likelihood you'll be ordered to pay for the transportation.

So what's made him such a horrid person in the past 6 months? 'Cause you wouldn't have slept with him if you knew he was such a bad man.... right?

A

aabrown

we were together for only about a month when i got pregnant. i didn't find out i was pregnant until last week. we split up about a week after i got pregnant, because he had started becoming angry all the time and throwing things, burning my stuff, and becoming insanely possesive. i broke it off and then a month and a half later, i found out i was pregant. i called him to let him know that he was the father of this baby, and he offered to be a part of its life, but has done nothing but threaten me. i don't want to be around him and he says i have to take him to all doctor visits and he will fight me over everything. we were only together for a month or so and when i found out what he was really like, i got out.

stealth2

Under the Radar Member
Well..... if a DNA test shows that he's the father, and he intends to be involved - you're stuck with him for the next 18 years.

CMSC

aabrown said:
my ex just got in a drunk driving accident last month, but it was documented as a sober accident because he lied to police..
okay I am having a blonde moment...if he was drunk don't you think the police would notice that??

A

aabrown

ex

the thing is that he passed out and hit a guard rail, but the car was still drivable. so, he went home and called the police and filed a report with his insurance that he swerved to avoid a dog on the highway. i thought they would give him a test for alcohol, but he called hours after it happened. he took no responsiblity for what happened and it's all covered by his insurance and he still is out drinking.

L

Lil Miss Smarty Panties

You can move where ever you want to while you're pregnant, he can't stop you. And if you don't file for child support he probably won't look for you. Thats the only way you can keep him out of your life. No man is going to pay child support for a stranger and not request visitation.

stephenk

How about abortion or placing child up for adoption? It doesnt seem like you were planning to have a child. Why raise a kid with such an unstable future?

CMSC

stephenk said:
How about abortion or placing child up for adoption? It doesnt seem like you were planning to have a child. Why raise a kid with such an unstable future?

wow! that was the most kindhearted, unopinionated legal response anyone has ever given! I think you should get an award!:mad:

K

KCMR

"How about abortion or placing child up for adoption? It doesnt seem like you were planning to have a child. Why raise a kid with such an unstable future?"

The BABY is 3 months old. Dear God...please don't take this persons advice.

If the father is always yelling and threatening you, get a restraining order. Like a previous poster said, you can move wherever you want to while you are pregnant. Go to California, and establish the life your child deserves. He has no rights to the child until paternity is established. Let him pay to have it established! Let him pay for child support. He can't just take this baby off of you. You are moving to California to get away from him.
Personally, I think the first step you should take is getting a restraining order. Moving to California will strengthen your case once the restraining order is established--it will show you are trying to get away from him.

Take care and good luck to you and your baby!

kidoday

wow! that was the most kindhearted, unopinionated legal response anyone has ever given! I think you should get an award!
Being able to put a child up for adoption is one of the most selfless things a parent will ever do. But where do you get off suggesting someone to do so?

CMSC

hey arricci, I thought the same thing you did but it says she is "3 months pregnant"! Guess we both need glasses!:D

K

KCMR

ryry...yeah I know the baby is 3 mo's old inside of her. I guess I should have phrased it differently.

An abortion at 3 mo's? ughhh...I can't even imagine. Horrible.

side note: Heard from Krys yet?

CMSC

Aricci said:
ryry...yeah I know the baby is 3 mo's old inside of her. I guess I should have phrased it differently.

An abortion at 3 mo's? ughhh...I can't even imagine. Horrible.

side note: Heard from Krys yet?

Okay fine I am the only one who needed glasses! LOL! But you are right, apparently stephenk hands out advice about subjects that he knows nothing about. At 3 months an abortion would be horrid (at any month it is horrid in my opinion).

If this poster were considering abortion she should have done it by know. And if she wanted to choose adoption she would not have been so concerned with the unstableness of the ex.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">