• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Wants to see kids, mother wont let him.....

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Silverplum

I stand corrected. Court staff don't give "legal advice", they are not supposed to. However, if you go to Family Court and tell them: "I want to see my children, there are/are not any Court Orders", they don't tell you to go hire a lawyer and shut the window. They can and will tell you how to proceed, but they cannot and won't predict the outcome of your situation. They will give you the forms to fill out and explain procedure. There is the difference between legal advice and explaining procedure.

In some counties they do have free or discounted legal advice services or lawyers that will help you. That is what I was saying. I did not give the OP legal advice. I don't give legal advice as I'm not allowed to. However I don't turn every phone call, email or question over to my boss. I can explain certain things to clients or help them with questions, but I can't predict the outcome of their choice or advise the best method to achieve their legal goal. Was there something wrong with the suggestion I gave OP other than not being clear about the Court Staff limitations? Not knowing the answer to one question automatically disqualifies me from speaking again? Sheesh.
No one forced you to post incorrectly.

Try harder next time: look up the state-specific answer. And be accurate in the language you use.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">