• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Warrant for non-payment of child support?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

K

knowchance

My husband and I lived in St.Paul, Mn for four years, until he graduated from Macalester College. Then he decided he wanted to join the NAVY to become a pilot. In order to become a pilot he had to go to Pensacola, Florida for training. I was skeptical at first, but I decided to support my husband. He told me that since there was no housing available at that time he would send for us as soon as one was available. I began to worry right away. He was not writing me or sending money. At this time I was at my mother's house awaiting plane tix to Florida. So I had written his commanding officer to find out what was going on. I was told that he was ok and that allotment checks were coming out of his check for support. All of a sudden I was totally blindsided. I received divorce papers in the mail. I wasn't informed of a divorce. It was all there though .He claimed he couldn't locate me. There was an order for child support entered on the divorce. I am still at the same address he claimed he was unable to find. Mind you this is twenty five years ago when he dropped me off at my parents house and I am still here. There was a warrant for his arrest at the child support enforcement agency until they updated all their computer systems. They did not resubmit certain warrants because they were so many years old. I have located this deadbeat and I want to get the warrant re-issued. How do I go about doing this ? Thank you for your time. Oh, live in Pennsylvania.

Last edited:

L

lcollins

Have you tried contacting CSR to see about getting the warrant re-issued?Does he still owe this support amount?

K

knowchance

He has never paid a dime of child support. Child support Enforcement told me that I needed to get a lawyer to have a warrant re-issued.

L

lcollins

I suggest you follow their advice, if you can afford one. Also, check to see if there are any limitations on the time elapsed to collect the support. I would say now it is kind of a moot point, but it's the principle of the thing. Getting away with not paying a dime - don't you just love the child support laws?? I wish you the best of luck.

CMSC

Is your husband still in the military? If his allotment checks for child support being taken out according to his commander then why did you never receive them? Which state is the warrent issued in? If it is in Pennsylvania here is a page that will interest you, it states that in PA there is no statute of limitation on arrears which means that since you know where your ex is take him to court for contempt charges on back child support and have another warrent issued here's the link: http://www.acf.dhhs.gov/programs/cse/fct/sp96_pa.htm
I
would also recommend that contact the Federal Child Support Enforcement office and tell them what has happened. How old was the child when the support issue was ordered? Just trying to figure out how many years of arrearage there is.
There is also no statute of limitations on arrearage collection in FLorida either you need to contact the states attorney generals office and let them know this problem as well.

Numbers for state enforcement agencies:

PENNSYLVANIA
Bureau of Child Support Enforcement
Department of Public Welfare
P.O. Box 8018
Harrisburg, PA 17105
(717) 783-5184
FAX: (717) 787-9706
1-800-932-0211 [2]

FLORIDA
Child Support Enforcement Program
Department of Revenue
P.O. Box 8030
Tallahassee, FL 32314-8030
(850) 922-9590
FAX: (850) 488-4401
(no toll-free number)

K

knowchance

Thank you soooo much !

Thank you for all the important information. He is no longer in the military. It turned out that the allotments that were coming out of his check were only being recycled back to him because the woman he was cheating with was acting as if she was me. The warrant is issued in the state of PA. He was discharged under other than honorable conditions because of conduct unbecoming of an officer.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">