• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

We can't contact our 9 year old

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Margaux

What is the name of your state? Washington

I am writing for information on a custody visitation issue. My sons 9 year old son was taken from our state to the state of Texas about 9 months ago. Even tho there is no custody agreement between the parents it was going okay. We normally talk to his son 3-4 times a week. We have not been able to contact him for aproximately 3 weeks now. The number has been disconected. We are scared that she moved again and will not tell us where they are. What can we do?

casa

Margaux said:
What is the name of your state? Washington

I am writing for information on a custody visitation issue. My sons 9 year old son was taken from our state to the state of Texas about 9 months ago. Even tho there is no custody agreement between the parents it was going okay. We normally talk to his son 3-4 times a week. We have not been able to contact him for aproximately 3 weeks now. The number has been disconected. We are scared that she moved again and will not tell us where they are. What can we do?

It was up to your son to establish custody/visitation...because he didn't do that, he also couldn't fight the child moving out of state.

Your son has no legal visitation rights unless/until he files for them in court. Then he'll have a set schedule which the mother will have to adhere to.

Phnx02

casa said:
It was up to your son to establish custody/visitation...because he didn't do that, he also couldn't fight the child moving out of state.

Your son has no legal visitation rights unless/until he files for them in court. Then he'll have a set schedule which the mother will have to adhere to.
Yes, because your son didn't establish custody and visitation before she left the state, he doesn't have much legal recourse right now. You will need to "play detective" either yourselves, or hire someone. You will need to find out where the child is first - then file the proper legal documents to establish all the above. Then you will have a paper trail and/or rights to know her whereabouts.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">