• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

is this weekend considered the first weekend of the month for visitation purposes?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

ap123

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? texas

thank you in advance for your answers

Proserpina

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? texas

thank you in advance for your answers

....is this weekend the first weekend of the month?

If the answer is yes - then "yes".

If the answer is no - then "no".

I suppose I'm confused by the question...

justalayman

I don't know about for visitation purposes but this weekend is the first weekend of the month. Up until this weekend, all we have had is week beginnings. Sunday is the first day of the week, Saturday the last ergo; we have had no weekends yet and we have one on the 7th so that has to be the first one this month.

CJane

May 7th is the start of the first weekend of this month of this year.
In Texas SOP plans, weekends begin on Friday. So yes, this is the first weekend of the month for visitation purposes. However, it begins on the 6th, not the 7th.

I suppose that could be referred to as the beginning of the end.

mistoffolees

In Texas SOP plans, weekends begin on Friday. So yes, this is the first weekend of the month for visitation purposes. However, it begins on the 6th, not the 7th.

I suppose that could be referred to as the beginning of the end.
I am not disagreeing, but this is a classic example of where I think orders are not specific enough. If TX specifies that weekends begin on Friday, then it's probably covered, but a lot of states don't have a rule like that - so you get questions like this one "when does the weekend start?"

If you're going to use 'first, third, etc' weekend in an order, it really ought to say how that's defined.

In my opinion.

CJane

I am not disagreeing, but this is a classic example of where I think orders are not specific enough. If TX specifies that weekends begin on Friday, then it's probably covered, but a lot of states don't have a rule like that - so you get questions like this one "when does the weekend start?"

If you're going to use 'first, third, etc' weekend in an order, it really ought to say how that's defined.

In my opinion.
I agree.

My order is "every other weekend" but has a clear beginning. It's been 'every other weekend' since January of 2004... and will be until March of 2018, and I can predict every single one of those weekends.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">