• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

What age can a child choose not to go to dad's

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TJNJmom

I know here in NJ you can bring the child to court at the age of 13 with the judges consent and the child can state why they don't want to see the father and the judge can make a decision. I don't know if it works that way in PA but I would call your county court or a family attorney and just ask. I personally hired a child advocate attorney with my situation.

stealth2

Under the Radar Member
I know here in NJ you can bring the child to court at the age of 13 with the judges consent and the child can state why they don't want to see the father and the judge can make a decision. I don't know if it works that way in PA but I would call your county court or a family attorney and just ask. I personally hired a child advocate attorney with my situation.
And that is a TERRIBLE thing to do to a child. How about trying counseling, etc. first? Seriously - very bad parenting. IMO.

TinkerBelleLuvr

it is still the JUDGE making a decision - the child doesn't get to just choose to not visit on their own.

Still, for the OP - Is the child in counseling?

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
Tell ya what - what-say you NOT post information when you have no clue, k?

TJNJmom

Tell ya what - what-say you NOT post information when you have no clue, k?
UM Smart person that you are the OP asked a question and I stated that in NJ that's what you can do...as for my situation and my parenting I didn't give all the details because my child is in counseling and my child was referred to a child advocate attorney and this is what I learned. SO how about you get over yourself and pay attention I stated in NJ that's what can be done. That's all it's a free country last I checked, and there was nothing wrong with what I said.

Antigone*

UM Smart person that you are the OP asked a question and I stated that in NJ that's what you can do...as for my situation and my parenting I didn't give all the details because my child is in counseling and my child was referred to a child advocate attorney and this is what I learned. SO how about you get over yourself and pay attention I stated in NJ that's what can be done. That's all it's a free country last I checked, and there was nothing wrong with what I said.
This thread is not about Jersey Shore and therefore not helpful at all. Now if you continue to post misinformation I will start reporting your posts to the moderator. While you may live in a free country this forum is not the free-for-all that you are making it out to be.

Zigner

Because our OP is NOT IN NEW JERSEY! :rolleyes: As such, you are giving misleading information. If you don't know the answer, then keep the fingers off the keyboard!

stealth2

Under the Radar Member
Oh wait... did PA and NJ merge? Dang, Christie is one powerful dude!

TJNJmom

Because our OP is NOT IN NEW JERSEY! :rolleyes: As such, you are giving misleading information. If you don't know the answer, then keep the fingers off the keyboard!
Again all I said was that is how it is here and that they should ask again bashed for a comment i didn't give advice I stated that because maybe that is something the OP wants to look into.

Zigner

Again all I said was that is how it is here and that they should ask again bashed for a comment i didn't give advice I stated that because maybe that is something the OP wants to look into.
You WILL be called out for proving misleading info. NJ has NOTHING to do with PA. Get it? Here, let me say it again...NJ has NOTHING to do with PA.

It does people no good for you to spout off irrelevant (and misleading-if-not-false) info based on your singular experience in a totally different jurisdiction.

TinkerBelleLuvr

It does NOT matter what happens in NEW JERSEY. The poster is NOT in New Jersey, therefore, either post relevant information about the poster's state or keep the fingers from typing.

stealth2

Under the Radar Member
You really don't get it, do you?

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
YOU ARE AN IDIOT. Completely and totally. Bye bye post. QUIT POSTING INCORRECT INFORMATION.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">