• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

At what age can a child decide what he wants....

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

clangers

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? California

I'm wondering what age a child has to be when he can have a say in things?
As from my earlier post I am planning on returning to the UK.....my son will be 13 this year, and already has made comments that he doesn't want to return to the US for holidays with his Dad....does he have a say in the matter???

thanks

Silverplum

As from my earlier post I am planning on returning to the UK.....my son will be 13 this year, and already has made comments that he doesn't want to return to the US for holidays with his Dad....does he have a say in the matter???

thanks
Age 30, I think.

:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Ohiogal

Queen Bee

thanks
I seriously hope your move is denied. YOU are irresponsible, selfish, and alienating dad. Seriously. Oh and if he doesn't return, and dad forces the issue, then you can be found in contempt and son can be ordered to LIVE in the US.

cyjeff

I am very curious as to why a child that has never lived in the UK has already decided he never wants to return to the US.

There is something very bizarre going on here.

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
I am very curious as to why a child that has never lived in the UK has already decided he never wants to return to the US.

There is something very bizarre going on here.
Mom has made the decision for the child. Mom is looking for a way to get rid of dad. That is my guess.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">