• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

At what age can children no longer share a bedroom?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

wildncrzy

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Wisconsin

I have a 6 year old son and a 7 year old step-daughter who currently share a room on the weekend when my stepdaughter is here. They do not share a bed and they do not even dress in the same room but, neither likes sleeping alone yet. Is this illegal?

Last edited:

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Wisconsin

I have a 6 year old son and a 7 year old step-daughter who currently share a room on the weekend when my stepdaughter is here. They do not share a bed and they do not even dress in the same room but, neither likes sleeping alone yet. Is this illegal?
No. It is NOT illegal. However do not start different threads for every thought that pops into your head.

wildncrzy

Also, during a custody hearing can you request that the other parent be given a psychiatric evaluation? I feel that my ex-wife suffers from several different mental disorders that other doctor's have suggested but she just freaks out and yells at them and will not get tested. I feel that she is unstable and that the environment my child lives in is dangerous and upsetting to them because of this. Is there anything I can do? I am willing to undergo psychiatric evaluation as well

stealth2

Under the Radar Member
I think you really need to provide more information as to the situation you're dealing with, if you want useful feedback.

Proserpina

So if it is NOT illegal how can it be used as a reason for asking for more custody?

Because parents often have their heads up their backsides to such a degree that they'll try to use every slightest teeniest little thing in order to "snatch" custody away from the custodial parent, regardless of what's actually - GASP - in the best interest of the child.

And often completely ignoring what's actually legal and not legal.

LdiJ

Because parents often have their heads up their backsides to such a degree that they'll try to use every slightest teeniest little thing in order to "snatch" custody away from the custodial parent, regardless of what's actually - GASP - in the best interest of the child.

And often completely ignoring what's actually legal and not legal.
While I agree that is true, its also possible that a parent would genuinely have a problem with steps, of the opposite sex, sharing a bedroom. If I had an ex that had a problem with something like that, I simply wouldn't do it. I would find another solution.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">