• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

what do i do now ? The cops won't help

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

cmh0584

What is the name of your state? South Carolina Well let me start from the begin at the time I was a single mom trying to make ends meet but had a hard time finding day care so my daughter her grandmother who lives in SC told me to bring her up there until i was able to find proper arrangements, I did about 7 months later and let her now i was moving my daughter back home. I gave her a date and she had no problem with anything. But when I got to her house she had sent my daughter away to her fathers house in VA and would not give an address or phone#. I contacted police the FBI and a lawyer the GA police said that's kidnapping because he has no rights over her because I'm married to someone else and even though we are not togeth he is legally the father until a DNA test is done the GA FBI said they don't get involved in these matters. Va police said its kidnapping but she was not taken form VA to somewere else so they coudn't get involved until they got a warrant from either GA or SC. Sc said its not kidnapping and me saying that her father is her father was enough to legitimize her. I obtain a lawyer that new both GA and SC law who said this was child abduction took me to court and got in writing from a judge that i was the only one with rights until a DNA test was done and my child was to be returned now. Any court proceedings must go on it GA. The grandmother got a copy as well as her son. But instead of giving her back they ignore the order i again went to SC police 3 more times without getting any help . I finally decided to stake out the son and grandmothers houses to see were she really was, I found out she was never in VA but in SC the whole time!! Police arrived at the house but even with my order my child right there they would not make her give her up saying she wouldn't remember me and my GA order was no good in SC.. Heart broken even more I left after being ordered so by the office who instructed me to go to SC courts and get an order that gives the grandmother and father rights . I warned her if my child was not taken she would hide her again they stated if she did she would be arrested. I spoke with a lawyer who instructed me to register my order with the court and when I did the cops had to treat my order as if a SC judge gave it to me. I did so and returned to the house with officers a few minutes after arriving the cop for before shows up look at the order and tries to reject it until I let her now she couldn't legally. She talked with the grandmother who stated that my daughter had been sent VA again with her father and wouldn't return until she got a emergancy custody order from court . Instead of an arrest all I got was the cop saying shes not here but I believe she is around here somewhere but I have more important things to do than chase after your child she is safe and the grandmother says she is going to court a week from now to file for emergency custody.
All that happened and
even after telling the judge what happened he gave her temporary custody and said the case could go no further until Thing were settled in GA but they haven't been and SC has ordered the case to a juried trial she has a lawyer and i can't afford one any suggestions .

p.s.
I was also married to another man but seperated when i had my child. Ga made her take my husbands last name because of this but no one is on the birth certificate but me

BL

Is there a reason you have your location as FL. ?

It seems complicated .

How old is the child ?

You have a valid order from one state also regitered in SC ?, then another State gives temp. custody .

If GA. has Jurisdiction , what was the reason for Temp. custody to the grandmother ?

cmh0584

Is there a reason you have your location as FL. ?

It seems complicated .

How old is the child ?

You have a valid order from one state also regitered in SC ?, then another State gives temp. custody .

If GA. has Jurisdiction , what was the reason for Temp. custody to the grandmother ?
I now live in FL
She was 1 at the time she is now 3. I have a valid custody order from GA and it is registered in SC. South Caroline Gave the Grandmother temerary custody . I have no clue the Judge looked at the order from GA and said nothing more about it except that until the issue with GA is solved then The issue inSC could go no further . But they are. The judge has ordered the case into a juried trial.

Last edited:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">