• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

What to do when your ex-spouse has moved and refused visitation

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

lisagr33

What is the name of your state? Tennessee
My ex-husband moved to South Carolina for a job in Charolette. He has custody of our children but we have not yet agreed to a parenting plan. According to my attorney until that is agreed our old visitation schedule is still in place. I have not seen my children since August 12th and when I asked my ex to see our children last weekend and again this weekend he said no. He told me that his work schedule had changed and that it would be hard to meet him at the location we have been meeting at since it would be too late by the time he got home and picked them up and brought them to me. What can I do?

Zephyr

if you have a current order for visitation, and he has denied the visits stated in the order, then he is in contempt.

did he go through the proper process for moving, i.e. notification of you and the court?

what does your lawyer say regarding this? if there is an upcoming court date he maybe waiting for that to handle these issues.

lisagr33

We have been divorced for over 5 years and the current visitation orders state that I am to see them every other weekend and every other Wednesday. I know that the Wednesdays are out because it is a two hour drive for me to go to Asheville for a two hour visit. We had a mediation with both of our attorneys present and my attorney had a copy of my ex's relocation notification but I never received a copy of it from my ex's attorney who was supposed to have sent me the paperwork. According to our relocation law I have thirty days of the receiving of the notification to object to the move. How can I object to a move when I have never seen the papers? My attorney is in the process of filing a contempt motion on him for the kind of discipline my ex is using because he violates our CO. He also said that until a parenting plan is in place that our old visitation order is still in place and wants the court to find my ex in contempt for that. I have also caught my ex giving our children who are 8 and 10 prescription medication w/o a physician approval. There has been no court date set as of yet.

lisagr33

TN. One other thing I should mention is that I have reported my ex to CPS and they investigated him but did nothing so now my ex thinks he can do whatever he wants.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">