• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

what does like-kind support mean?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

tlduff3

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? oklahoma

i was wondering what like-kind support in lieu of financial child support means exactly? can someone let me now. please and thank you.

CourtClerk

Do you mean in kind support? Type the sentence where you saw that term.

Like... instead of sending you money every month, I'm going to buy kiddo's clothes, pay the light bill and buy the groceries?

tlduff3

ok we have joint custody and my agreement says we are each required to provide financially while shes in our care and in lieu of financial child support to her father i am to provide like-kind support. so does that mean i have to provide that stuff to him? and when is that nessacary because he hasnt ask me for anything.

tlduff3

2 weeks on 2 weeks off during the summer and every weekend during the school year. whitch brings me to my other question too. my ex just recently denied my weekend visit last fri. what do i need to do?

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
2 weeks on 2 weeks off during the summer and every weekend during the school year. whitch brings me to my other question too. my ex just recently denied my weekend visit last fri. what do i need to do?
How did he deny? Has school started? You file a motion to show cause/contempt.

tlduff3

he told me i was not takin the baby this weekend. that he hadnt gone down and enrolled her yet so i couldnt have her. and yes school started thursday. for filling for contempt what are the most common results?

LdiJ

he told me i was not takin the baby this weekend. that he hadnt gone down and enrolled her yet so i couldnt have her. and yes school started thursday. for filling for contempt what are the most common results?
The first time he may get nothing more than a strong reprimand from the judge (and perhaps a small fine). However, if he doesn't learn his lesson that time, then things get progressively tougher on him.

Nip it in the bud now, by filing for contempt now.

majomom1

Baby? How old is this child and why has he NOT enrolled her yet? This could be very valuable in a contempt hearing.

tlduff3

shes 4 but will be 5 in january. he has neglected to get her birth certifacite. and is now saying once he gets it he may or may not enroll her, and wont tell if he does. i am unsure if at that age she MUST go to school or if he can wait another year.

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
shes 4 but will be 5 in january. he has neglected to get her birth certifacite. and is now saying once he gets it he may or may not enroll her, and wont tell if he does. i am unsure if at that age she MUST go to school or if he can wait another year.
He can wait another year most likely. Oh and by the way if he just said no and you didn't go get her then you were not denied. You agreed with the NO.

tlduff3

no i DID show up at 6pm just like im suppose to and tried to call him. he wasnt home and wouldnt answer his phone. when i went to the police station he was there with our daughter and told me he wasnt letting her go with me.

majomom1

He can wait another year most likely. Oh and by the way if he just said no and you didn't go get her then you were not denied. You agreed with the NO.
Mom also needs to be more pro-active on the school issue. Call the school in his district and find out what the age requirements are...

OP, you should know exactly when she is required to start school AND make sure that he does enroll her. This is not a game, don't let him play them. Mom can also get the birth certificate.

Since she is not in school, doesn't the 2 week on, 2 week off apply until she actually STARTS school?

majomom1

no i DID show up at 6pm just like im suppose to and tried to call him. he wasnt home and wouldnt answer his phone. when i went to the police station he was there with our daughter and told me he wasnt letting her go with me.
And... did you have your court order? What did the officer say? Did you get the officer's name and badge number? Did they write a report?

tlduff3

i have her birth certificate. i dont live in the county. i cant enroll her. and i cant make him do it unless the court says i guess. i also didnt think he could keep her from me either though. and no she doesnt have to be enrolled for the school schedule to take affect. that happens the day school starts in his disrict wheather or not shes going to school.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">