• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

what forms to file for modification of custody?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

D

dpech66

What is the name of your state? CA

What are the exact forms I need to modify child custody? Original order was done in CA but absent parent (who will be taking over custody) is in OH. Local workers at the courthouse are less than helpful (falls under legal advice, so they say). It will be filed in CA. Also, what kind of documents or papers do I need when I go to court so absent parent does not have to physically appear in court (it will cost alot of money to move child out to OH so we are trying to do this inexpensively)?

D

dpech66

I found the right forms, but I need to know what to put in respondent box. What is the best way to fill this out since we are all in agreement on the terms?

karma1

I believe...

its the "order to show cause"packet, which is generic for modifying almost anything in CA-
I am not sure how to do this when both parties are in agreement but you might try directing a thread here to IAAL or, look at this site
www.deltabravo.net
this site has just expanded the forms section but you can also look under state specific info from the main page~

edit-just saw you posted you found the right forms--
Id call around to atty's that offer free first consults or free phone time to see what to do or how to fill them out~

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">