+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 3 of 3
  1. #1
    dpech66 Guest

    what forms to file for modification of custody?

    What is the name of your state? CA

    What are the exact forms I need to modify child custody? Original order was done in CA but absent parent (who will be taking over custody) is in OH. Local workers at the courthouse are less than helpful (falls under legal advice, so they say). It will be filed in CA. Also, what kind of documents or papers do I need when I go to court so absent parent does not have to physically appear in court (it will cost alot of money to move child out to OH so we are trying to do this inexpensively)?

  2. #2
    dpech66 Guest
    I found the right forms, but I need to know what to put in respondent box. What is the best way to fill this out since we are all in agreement on the terms?

  3. #3
    Join Date
    May 2001
    Las Vegas NV

    I believe...

    its the "order to show cause"packet, which is generic for modifying almost anything in CA-
    I am not sure how to do this when both parties are in agreement but you might try directing a thread here to IAAL or, look at this site
    this site has just expanded the forms section but you can also look under state specific info from the main page~

    edit-just saw you posted you found the right forms--
    Id call around to atty's that offer free first consults or free phone time to see what to do or how to fill them out~

+ Reply to Thread

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 7
    Last Post: 09-25-2008, 12:58 PM
  2. Do I have enough to file for a custody modification?
    By great_ideas in forum Child Custody & Visitation
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 09-09-2008, 11:12 AM
  3. What forms do I need to file for custody?
    By Dallas1970 in forum Child Custody & Visitation
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 02-20-2007, 09:21 AM
  4. What forms do you need to file for custody?
    By momof2boys1girl in forum Child Custody & Visitation
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 04-20-2005, 10:00 PM
  5. Steps to file for a modification in child custody
    By michaeld in forum Child Custody & Visitation
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 04-22-2003, 11:00 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

© Since 1995 Advice Company, All Rights Reserved

FreeAdvice® has been providing millions of consumers with outstanding advice, free, since 1995. While not a substitute for personal advice from a licensed professional, it is available AS IS, subject to our Disclaimer and Terms & Conditions Of Use.