• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

what if non custodial parent makes false accusations and harrasses costodial parent

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

P

poshtexxan1

What is the name of your state? Texas. The non custodial parent of my children has been making false accusations about me to my children. I recently moved here from california where our divorce was finalized. I feel attacked and harrassed and am considering moving back to California. My children are very unhappy here and are now questioning me about these accusations and are confused. I feel by taking them back to california they wont be subjected to as much of the "he said she said" and they will be back in the schools where they were very happy. Can he stop me from leaving the state and how can I leagaly stop him from the harrassment and false accusations?

S

sarahandbabies

I have no legal experience, but am a divorced cp.

My xh has done much the same, he talks bad to the kids about me. He has told them I stole them from him, he tells the kids he and his new wife are the "real" parents. His wife told my 3 year old that my hubby is bad, she came home so scared she wouldn't even look at him. Xh even went as far as calling DFACS on me with false accusations. The report was investigated, then the case dismissed as false. He has become a total scum, and a total idiot- and discussing things or having a mature talk with him is just not possible.

I don't know of anything legally that you can do to make him stop. But, for yourself and your kids, do your utmost to never talk bad about him. My ex does not realize how damaging his comments are to the kids, not in my relationship with them, but his. The kids will see the truth eventually, they will see how wrong and mean he is, and they will see how much nicer you are. It may take a while, but they will see it. They will gain respect for you if you don't talk bad about him, they will continue to lose respect for him. But you have to let them do it when they are ready, you can't force them to do it. My kids are very young (3 and 5) so when they tell me something, I ask them if they think that is really true. Usually they know it isn't, and we just talk about how silly it is for anyone to even say such a thing. Keep the lines of communication wide open between you and your kids- and keep a positive attitude. It will work out for you.

If the harrassement is really bad, and threatening, I think you could get a restraining order. I don't know that much about that kind of thing though...

Sarah and babies

stealth2

Under the Radar Member
Where does your ex live? If I understand correctly, your divorce was granted in CA, and you now live in TX. If he also lives in TX, he may well be able to keep you from taking the kids back to CA. If he lives in CA, it's unlikely he would be able to keep you from moving back there.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">