• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

What Legal Doc do you file when Stip Order is Violated?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

MsAKCjones

I have a stipulation order in regard to child custody that states child is to live with her father, no other family member, or it would void the Stip order and she would have to return to live with the mother.
Child is not living with father and other things in the Stip Order have been violated and I want my child to return to living with me.
Im wondering what kind of legal document I would need to file in regard to this??

Thanks!What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?

BL

I have a stipulation order in regard to child custody that states child is to live with her father, no other family member, or it would void the Stip order and she would have to return to live with the mother.
Child is not living with father and other things in the Stip Order have been violated and I want my child to return to living with me.
Im wondering what kind of legal document I would need to file in regard to this??

See the bolded . It's important to answer it .

Ohiogal

Queen Bee

That stip order is unenforceable as it does not take into consideration the best interests of the child.

LdiJ

That stip order is unenforceable as it does not take into consideration the best interests of the child.
True, but mom can certainly file to gain custody based on the fact that the child is not living with her father.

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
True, but mom can certainly file to gain custody based on the fact that the child is not living with her father.
True but that is a motion to modify custody and not a motion show cause/enforce the stip order. She is starting from scratch and not with an enforceable stip order backing her.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">