• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

What are my chances to get Sole Physical Custody of my daughter?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Renee0630

What is the name of your state (California)?

I am 27 years old and I am 8 months pregnant. My bf and I are no longer together and I will be a single mother. Once my daughter is born I am going to be going through the process of trying to get Sole Physical Custody and my ex will just have visitation. My ex has threatened me that if I chose not to do Joint Custody that he would fight me in the courts.

After almost 3 years with my ex I finally got enough courage to leave him. My ex was verbally and physically abusive to me before my pregnancy and part of my pregnancy when I was with him. He has threatened harm on my father and threatened to vandalize my car.

I believe he has some mental health issues. He has been dealing with depression on and off sense high school. I have caught him causing harm to himself "Self Mutilation, cutting of his forearm". He has threatened that he will commit suicide by shooting himself. He is a manipulator and a pathological liar.

I do not want child support from him and all around do not want him to be around our daughter and I. I live on my own in a 2 bed/2 bath home and am very financially and mentally stable. He moved back in with his mother & step father and is not employed. What are my chances of winning Sole Custody of our daughter and he would have supervised visitation until I fill he is safe.What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">