• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

What are my rights as a non-married couple who has split

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

devilw_halio

What is the name of your state? mississippi, I am a non-married women who has a child with my boyfriend, who we have recently spilt. I am living with my parents who are the care takers when we work... Now my question is that my boyfriend will not let me keep my son at nights, and makes me get up early every morning to go get him before he goes to work each day, what are my rights and and how do i go about getting my son to be able to stay with me some nite. In two weeks he has only let me have him two nights.

Just Blue

Has paternity been established through the court? Is there a child support order and custody order established through the court?

ceara19

devilw_halio said:
What is the name of your state? mississippi, I am a non-married women who has a child with my boyfriend, who we have recently spilt. I am living with my parents who are the care takers when we work... Now my question is that my boyfriend will not let me keep my son at nights, and makes me get up early every morning to go get him before he goes to work each day, what are my rights and and how do i go about getting my son to be able to stay with me some nite. In two weeks he has only let me have him two nights.
What do you mean by "my boyfriend will not let me"? does he have a court order that gives him the right to dictate these matters?

MrsK

I love these women who believe they are somehow subservient to men, esp in the absense of a court order, which I am sure is the case.

OP- if there is no court order, you do what you want with your child, you dont have to listen to this man.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">