+ Reply to Thread
    devilw_halio is offline Junior Member

What are my rights as a non-married couple who has split

What is the name of your state? mississippi, I am a non-married women who has a child with my boyfriend, who we have recently spilt. I am living with my parents who are the care takers when we work... Now my question is that my boyfriend will not let me keep my son at nights, and makes me get up early every morning to go get him before he goes to work each day, what are my rights and and how do i go about getting my son to be able to stay with me some nite. In two weeks he has only let me have him two nights.
    Blue Meanie is offline Senior Member
    Has paternity been established through the court? Is there a child support order and custody order established through the court?
    ceara19 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by devilw_halio
    What is the name of your state? mississippi, I am a non-married women who has a child with my boyfriend, who we have recently spilt. I am living with my parents who are the care takers when we work... Now my question is that my boyfriend will not let me keep my son at nights, and makes me get up early every morning to go get him before he goes to work each day, what are my rights and and how do i go about getting my son to be able to stay with me some nite. In two weeks he has only let me have him two nights.
    What do you mean by "my boyfriend will not let me"? does he have a court order that gives him the right to dictate these matters?
    MrsK is offline Senior Member
    I love these women who believe they are somehow subservient to men, esp in the absense of a court order, which I am sure is the case.

OP- if there is no court order, you do what you want with your child, you dont have to listen to this man.