• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

What are our chances of getting our son back ??? Help

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Txangel4u

What is the name of your state? Tx
:confused: I really need some advice and I hope someone can help me.... You see back in 2000 myself and husband came in to some rough times and had to move in with his sister and while we were there someone called Child protective services on her and while we were living there we got caught in the middle of the mess....
you see we had both got laid off work and lost our home so we really didn't have a choice but to move in with her at the time......During that time my husband had gotten another job and thing were going great for us or so we thought......
Child protective Services accused all of us of medical neglect, physical neglect and a slew of other charges... The thing is everytime our son was sick we either had him at the doctors office ir the ER after hours.....
well on july 16th,2001 CPS decided to come to her home and remove the children and they brought the police with them that was so embarrasing for all of us and why they did it is beond me **************
Never the less CPS made us go thru random drug tests , phycological testing , paretning classes and confrences with them at their offices...... They also required my husband and I to maintain our own residense for 6 months which we did.....
And 1 year later after all of the hoopla so to speak the judge terminated or rights as parents.... And to this day our son is still with foster parents and has yet to be adopted......
My question is this what can we do to try to get our son home and out of the system ???????? :confused:

NotSoNew

i think you would really need to consult an attorney on this. if they terminated your parental rights i do not know if you can ever get them back.

CJane

So lemme see if I have the timeline right...

4 years ago, CPS came into your sister's house and took 'all the kids' (I'm guessing yours and hers?)

3 years ago, your parental rights were terminated and your son was put up for adoption/placed permanently in foster care.

And you're wondering NOW whether or not you can undo the ruling?

What were the charges, exactly? The findings? Were your sister's children returned?

stealth2

Under the Radar Member
I suspect there's a fair bit missing to this story. Why was CPS called in the first place?

CJane

stealth2 said:
I suspect there's a fair bit missing to this story. Why was CPS called in the first place?
You mean the state of Texas doesn't just routinely invade homes, take children and terminate parental rights w/in a year? I'm shocked. Really.

stealth2

Under the Radar Member
CJane said:
You mean the state of Texas doesn't just routinely invade homes, take children and terminate parental rights w/in a year? I'm shocked. Really.
Only in even years.

Txangel4u

this is an answer to all of your replies .
The charges were physical and medical neglect....and why they were called on my sister-n-law was some one called in on her accusing her of neglect as I just stated above and we got caught in the middle of all the mess**************
The charges were origonally brought on her but since we had moved in well i guess cps just thought thery would pick on us as well....
yes CPS can come in a home in texas if they feel just cause to do so and if you do not cooperate they will call the local law inforcement to make sure they get in that way even if a home is spotless they can make up a bunch of lies just so they can take a child**************..anbd yes they took my sister-n-laws 2 kids plus mine **************.... I hope i covered everything and if i didn't i'm sorry.... if you can help in anyway please do so.....We have been trying to find a way to get our son home now for the last 4 years and now CPS in TX is under investigation now for their own screw ups ****************************....

CJane

CJane said:
Were your sister's children returned?
Also...

What was the evidence they used to PROVE the medical neglect? There had to have been a hearing or something in which your rights were terminated. Did you attend the hearing?

stealth2

Under the Radar Member
Well, CPS didn't just walk into the house on a whim - they were called by someone. Why? What was your sister not doing that warranted the call? And of you were aware of it - why didn't you take action? This ISN'T just about your kids. It's about the fact that you were living in an environment that was deemed neglectful and you didn't act to protect the neglected children.

And really..... 4 years after termination? It's unlikely you're going to change anything.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">