• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

What is a return hearing?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Kellydanforth

I live in Arizona

i have been served to appear in family court for a return hearing and the box is checked to show it as non evidentiary. It is scheduled for 15 minutes.

My questions are:

what decisions will be made during this hearing? Is it just to determine whether judge has enough evidence to proceed?

Can i file a response with the court? Is the judge taking my side into account?

If it is non evidentiary will either parties be allowed to say anythimg? Or are we simply there to listen to the judge?

Zephyr

The first hearing is usually called a Return hearing and is set for 15 minutes. The purpose of the Return hearing is to narrow the issues and determine whether there is sufficient basis to set a longer hearing at which evidence would be presented by the parties. If the judge decides that an evidentiary hearing is required, one will be set.
MARICOPA COUNTY SUPERIOR COURT

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">